SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    You found a box of Shredded Wheat in the back of the pantry.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You found a box of Shredded Wheat in the back of the pantry. Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted
You haven't had huge bowl of cereal with honey on it for a late night snack in a loooong time.

You chose the larger cereal bowl from the cupboard and filled it to capacity.
It was so good, you greedily chose to have another 1/2 bowlful.

You chose ...

poorly.

Edited to add: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku42Iszh9KM

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Uh-oh, what happened?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I suspect he found out what was in the bottom of the box....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How'd the baby mice taste?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Rats!

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Or he's spending time on the toilet.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
If you found it in the back of the pantry, did you check the "use by" date? When we moved from the house up on the hill, we found some Campbells soup cans that were over 10 years old. She wouldn't let me donate to the homeless. Wives are such soreheads.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
If you found it in the back of the pantry, did you check the "use by" date? When we moved from the house up on the hill, we found some Campbells soup cans that were over 10 years old. She wouldn't let me donate to the homeless. Wives are such soreheads.

Hehehee......reminds me of a story. I manage a 62' yacht and usually the owner runs it himself, but I still do the maintenance on it on a regular basis. Once in a while I run it as Captain on a trip for him. Well the last trip I ran it his wife bought a case of 24 bottles of this Grapefruit beer, Sands Raddler, it's more like a wine cooler.......I think they drank 2-3 out of it. Well then they were getting divorced. Well it's been in my stateroom (bedroom) on the floor for like 2-3 years, along with some 12 packs of coke, diet coke etc.......So he asks me to run the boat to bimini, Bahamas like 2 years later with his 2 GF. So we run it over there, and all this stuff is in my way on my stateroom floor.....I pour the cokes down the drain.....and decide to give this case of beer to the dockhand kid who's like 21 years old.........It's been expired for 2 years but who knew beer went bad.......

The kid comes to me the next day in a heavy Bahamian accent........MAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN you almost killed me. I asked him why? He goes, that beer you gave me expired 3 years ago. I drank 6 of them and got the worst case of alcohol poisoning ever and thought I was going to die......LOLOLOLOLOL

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My grandfather died several years ago at 94. My brother and I cleared out his basement. A filing cabinet contained11 and 1/2 bottles of Old Crow. We split one that night,and divided the rest for posterity.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Few years back was clearing out my parents kitchen and actually found a can of Campbells soup that rattled... no holes or rust on it just a rattle inside when you shook it.....

Still want to know what was in that shredded wheat

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid the Marines from Camp Lejeune and Army guys from Fort Bragg would come down to our business on the Outer Banks and bring MCI rations. (This was during Vietnam- They were still mostly called "C-rations", but before MREs that came later in 1981).
Anyway, that stuff was pretty good. We would put some of the meals on our shrimp boats and other work boats and it tasted mighty fine on a wet cold night. My favorite was either the Spaghetti w/ Meatballs or the chicken.
So in cleaning out the last of my late Dad's garage attic boxes last year would you believe I found two MCI meal packages. We sat down last Christmas and opened a few of the cans. It is safe to say that they were out of date but no cans were swelled so we used the smell test.
The crackers were still tasty but the bread had some odor so we passed on that.
The chocolate disc still tasted like it did when I was a kid.

A small story about MCI meals-

In 1973, Army Colonel Henry Moak was issued a MCI ration during his stay in Vietnam. Included in the MCI ration was a can of pound cake, manufactured in 1969. He kept the unopened can and vowed to eat the pound cake when he retired from the Army. On July 24, 2009, with news media and dignitaries in attendance, Moak opened the forty-year-old can and ate the contents. He noted that the pound cake still looked and smelled like fresh pound cake...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
It was unopened and well within the ' use by ' date.

No special surprises in the bottom.

Just plenty of fiber. Lots of fiber.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Ah, Colon Blow X's 5000

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post