SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Combat hold my buttocks (not click bait, bad dimensions for sights)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Combat hold my buttocks (not click bait, bad dimensions for sights) Login/Join 
posted
Bought a set of Have Blue sights from Overwatch Precision. Also bought some discontinued colors of the TAC trigger. The triggers are spongy, noticeably different than my first full price one but I digress.

I put the sights on my Glock 19 slide and started to go to town. Then I discovered that they decided to use a set screw of miniscule dimensions. I had to call to check. .05, yep the ole standard 1/20" Allen head. Why? I went through all my sets and couldn't find one that small. Went through my Dawson Precison stuff, nope they use a larger one. Ended up going to three (3) hardware stores to find a set with one that small. Thank you ACE Hardware.

They publish these sights as a "combat hold". I have always read that to mean equal height, equal light and the bullet will hit roughly behind the front blade where the fiber optic is. Well not quite. I sandbagged it and it was printing 4 inches low at 25 yards easy. I went to Dawsons and used their math program, needless to say instead of a .235 high front I am getting a .200 sight. Very nice sights but their math (OP) is way off. My Trijicon HD sights were closer to POA then these. Ugh.

Please don't jack up your dimensions and then try to call it a combat hold. Low is low. Is low.

Front sight on the way.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
I’m not combat holding anyone’s buttcheeks thank you very much.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Yeah - I've always thought combat hold meant the front sight covered up whatever you were trying to hit...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't mind "combat hold" if it isn't an excuse for shooting crazy low. Going from .235 to .200 seems extreme. Disappointed. Luckily a front sight is pretty reasonable.

Posts: 7446 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Only works with assless chaps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Back in my day, this was a no no, even when "don't ask don't tell" came about

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dawson just delivered the .200 tall FO front sight. Put it in and tomorrow if it’s not too cold and snowy will do a quick range test. I shot a match on Saturday with the taller older sight. Held at top of everything and was fine. Hated that though. I prefer POA/POI, Ie shoot to the tip of front blade. This one should be close to that. We shall see.

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Was this a precursor to 'make your buddy smile'?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Combat hold, AKA so you can only hit large things up close. Wink

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. Not the make your buddy happy thing but the combat hold sucks thing. Lol