SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Arthritis
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Arthritis Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Check your local laws first. Kratom is illegal in a number of states.
That's always a good suggestion. The OP's profile shows he's from Tennessee so if that's still the case it's perfectly legal and will be available locally.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Check your local laws first. Kratom is illegal in a number of states.

Mayo clinic has done research saying it's ineffective and unsafe. Best to do a little research before using..

May0 Clinic on Kratom

I get gout attacks, although not as much as I used to, occasional, Gout is a form of arthritis.

Used to hit the Indomethacin but it is hard on the stomach, doc switched me to Diclofenac SOD 75MG. Its a NASID and works to help control the swelling and pain, seems to do a better job than the Indomethacin with less side effects.

Check with your doctor to see if Diclofenac is right for you...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Check with your doctor to see if Diclofenac is right for you...

Definitely.

Dicloflenac is the generic name for Voltaren. As mentioned, I'm a fan. Dicloflenac/Voltaren gel works much better on my knee arthritis pain than other OTC NSAIDS like Ibuprofen or Naproxen pills. Plus, the topical gel doesn't have the potential stomach-related side effects of oral NSAIDs.

But if you want to get higher dosages of Dicloflenac/Voltaren like the 75mg pills, you'll have to get an Rx from your doctor for those. And I'm not sure if these bigger Rx doses are available in topical form or not.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
A Diclofenac 75mg twice a day guy here for my back and knee primarily. I always wonder if it’s doing anything. But then sometimes I’ll forget to take my PM meds and realize it does help. All day I’ll be gimpier than normal and won’t realize the problem until I go to take that nites meds.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I tried kratom on the suggestion of a member here, and I must say it gave me my life back (I have fibromyalgia). Got me completely off opioids. I'm not sure it helped my arthritis as much, but YMMV.

What I will say is that quality varies dramatically, from better-than-Oxycodone to useless to contains toxic contamination. Do your research before trying.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pasound
posted Hide Post
Hands, feet, and knees. Knocked me from sleep the past two days. Stayed home today to medicate with Aleve and aspirin, and a heating pad on my knees. The cold weather is hurting me badly. Spent 35+ years on my feet on various career jobs, guess it's all caught up with me now.

Old, stubborn, heavily armed.

Posts: 27 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: January 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
I tried kratom on the suggestion of a member here, and I must say it gave me my life back (I have fibromyalgia). Got me completely off opioids. I'm not sure it helped my arthritis as much, but YMMV.

What I will say is that quality varies dramatically, from better-than-Oxycodone to useless to contains toxic contamination. Do your research before trying.

When the Mayo Clinic says it’s ineffective you know they have an agenda because for a lot of people with chronic pain it’s life altering so saying it’s ineffective is just outright lying. Just like everything else in life it won’t work for everyone but it most certainly works for a great many people myself included.

I would also love to know what they mean by dangerous because I have been watching everything I can about it for several years and the only time I have ever been able to find someone that had issues was someone who was taking 3 or 4 times the recommended dosage every single day and those mixing it with hard drugs.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
There are lots of meds to help mitigate the issues with pain and stiffness. Over the counter ibuprofen gel would be first. A rheumatologist has me feeling terrific even though I have arthritis in every joint for thirty years. Muscle relaxers can be beneficial, Plaquenil, lidocaine patches, ibuprofen patches can be of major relief. Wax therapy is another path to try. You just have to start with the right referral from your primary care.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I just went to the doctor yesterday, now telling me he thinks it’s Rheumatoid Arthritis. I’m waiting on a call from a Rheumatologist.

Posts: 2336 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post