SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    75mph on a residential street?!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

75mph on a residential street?! Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
My kids are getting to the age (3 and 4) that they like to play outside. To include riding their bikes on the street in front of my house. My street has 4 houses on it. Its a circle, that connects twice, to another road. I live on the south end. All the other houses live on the north end. I have no neighbors. There is ZERO reason for anyone to drive down my end of the street. All the people on my street take the north end of the circle to exit the neighborhood. There is no need at all for them to drive the long way down my way, just to go back north out of the neighborhood. Kind of hard to explain, but you get the picture. Basically, the mailman drives down my road once a day, and thats about it.

Enter idiot douchbag in the jacked up Silverado. I am out in my garage with the kids, about to let them out to play, and hear an engine roaring. I see a truck fly by my house at 75 mph.

I dont know where he lives, or where he came from, or why the F he feels the need to drive like that in front of my house, but I do know one thing that is 1000% certain.... if said douche kills or injures my kids in front of my house driving like that, I will rip him out of his truck and beat him to death. The ambulance service can scrape whats left of his corpse off the road and bag him for the medical examiner. If he flees the scene, I will pit his ass off the road, and THEN proceed to beat him to death.

And I am not kidding. If you hear of a father beating someone to death, it was probably me.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
While I understand your emotion, you may want to reconsider hanging this out there on the internet for all to see.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
While I understand your emotion, you may want to reconsider hanging this out there on the internet for all to see.

BEAT THAT MOTHER EFFER TO DEATH if he hits one of my kids. Understood?!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Sorry you have to put up with that.

Growing up, my father would not allow us to play in the street.

I had a neighbor go by me at 45 MPH+ when I was on my lawn tractor mowing the grass along the road and she was so close that I could have reached out and touched the car. Scared the hell out of me. What if I had turned out to go around a rock or something. There are idiots every where at times.

I would get a cheap trail camera to get his picture for later reference.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Not trying to be flip or anything, but how do you know he was doing 75mph? I only ask because speeds on residential roads tend to seem more excessive than on larger roads. He may have been speeding or revved up, but I doubt it was that fast.

Posts: 6339 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I might be inclined to see to it that some big ass chuck holes appeared in the street. You know, the kind that make even a jagoff in a lifted truck slow down.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I think you can do something to prevent him from hitting one of your kids or anyone else. Why wait for him to hit one of your kids?

I'm saying talk to your police as to what you can do.

having one of your kids hit is too high a price to justify beating someone to death.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Have at the ready a kid's ball to roll in front of him next time it occurs. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll help ya. Only had it occur once here, kids were out in the street playing with the neighboor kids, saw it and jumped out of the way. I missed it. Some shithead with a cop on his tail blasted through at high speed.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Have at the ready a kid's ball to roll in front of him next time it occurs. Wink

If that doesn't get his attention, use a bowling ball for the second "hint".

Just kidding. Seriously, game cameras are cheap, and the street only has two entrances (from what you've said). The resolution should be good enough to read a license plate.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Our police department has a community radar unit. You sign it out and fill out a form stating speed, time, license number. Too fast, they get a letter.
Point is, speeding on the road gives police a place and maybe even a time to post an officer.
Plus, you can decide if he really was doing 75.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
Not trying to be flip or anything, but how do you know he was doing 75mph? I only ask because speeds on residential roads tend to seem more excessive than on larger roads. He may have been speeding or revved up, but I doubt it was that fast.

Roll Eyes I was professionally trained in the art of detecting speed. You are right, he wasn't going 75, he was going 68.46 mph according to my calibrated eyeballs.

"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I got yelled at in a residential section by an old lady walking her dog.
“slow down!”
Speed limit was 30, I was doing less than 20 because I was looking for an address in the area. Just saying.

Posts: 6288 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
I got yelled at in a residential section by an old lady walking her dog.
“slow down!”
Speed limit was 30, I was doing less than 20 because I was looking for an address in the area. Just saying.

I have had that exact experience due to, I believe, a car that is too red and too rumbly to not be actually speeding.

In the OP's case, I'm pretty sure his issue is real. Just sayin'

SLOW DOWN!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
if there are maniacs coming down the street, tell your kids not to play in the street

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
if there are maniacs coming down the street, tell your kids not to play in the street
So it's OK for somebody to roar through a residential street at a high rate of velocity?

Maybe the speeder was not doing 75 mph. Maybe not even 68.46 mph. But it's pretty clear that she or he was going a heck of a lot faster than the legal speed limit. Let's not fall into the trap of blaming the (potential) victim.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Streets are designed for cars.

That being said we played on the street all the time as kids. But we sure moved our asses out of the way when a car was coming. Kids these days will throw the ball a few more times or move only enough so a car can pass.

Still doesnt excuse the excessive speed.

Posts: 5406 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Let me know if you need a hand holding him down.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I had a kid drive thru my leaf pile almost nightly at a high rate of speed in his lowered rice burner until I put two plastic 5 gallon buckets under the pile. cinder blocks were my first choice but wife veto that.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
So it's OK for somebody to roar through a residential street at a high rate of velocity?

Well, no but I wouldn't have my kids playing in the street if that may be a possibility.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post