SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    75mph on a residential street?!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

75mph on a residential street?! Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
What about laying down a couple of speed bumps? That might entice him to go elsewhere. The next step would be parking (concrete) bumpers...just sayin'

This post reminded me of a situation when I was a kid growing up in NH. During one winter all the kids in our neighborhood started sledding down a neighbor's yard and ended up in the street.
My Dad saw the potential problem and promptly took a few sawhorses that he had in the garage and blocked off the street with a sign that said "closed!"
Wish life was that simple now...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Last night, my 11y/o son had basketball practice at a local elementary school, that only has one entrance/exit. There are about 30 kids there, and before his practice was over, a high school kid comes blowing through the parking lot at about 50mph.

He got out of his Jeep and inside the school before I could "speak" to him. I didn't get a good look at him as it was dark. The high school kids practice after my son's practice.

I'm not sure what I would have done, had I recognized him.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
if there are maniacs coming down the street, tell your kids not to play in the street

They don't need to be in the street for it to be an issue. A teacher of mine had twin five year old girls who were playing well within their front yard; some fool lost control of his vehicle and killed them both.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post