SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Ending Relationships Really Sucks
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ending Relationships Really Sucks Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
It does suck.

I deal with divorced and divorcing people day in and day out - it is my work. It is too soon to try a new serious relationship. Wait another year.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
We can start a betting pool on whether he did it or not

He did it.
Went very cordial but sad. I bought a new guitar to take the sting off so that'll keep me preoccupied for the next few days at least.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Sorry you had to go through this. It sounds like it was the best for you. I had been thinking maybe there was a way to make it work, until I read what you said about the 11 year old running to the neighbors house and asking them to call the police. At that point I was on board with the ejection handle.

While I’m no musician, I do appreciate the instruments that I can’t play.

You can’t just come in here and be like “bought a new guitar” and not post a pic!?!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Fellow gave me advice right before I got married.

"If you think it's hard to change your life, just how are you going to change another person's life?"

His meaning was, if you think you are going to marry, and that is going to change the other person's ways, forget it.

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:

While I’m no musician, I do appreciate the instruments that I can’t play.

You can’t just come in here and be like “bought a new guitar” and not post a pic!?!

Thanks. Here's the axe.

Fiddle Pics

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Went very cordial but sad.

I know it sucks but you did the right thing for both of you. I can't say for sure but I suspect you already feel a great sense of relief and less stress - not because the conversation is over but because the relationship is.

Hang in there - it does get better.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6705 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My relationship advice to anyone who will listen is: "Never give more than you are willing to give or you will eventually resent them."

I got lucky and learned that lesson while still dating (long before marriage).

Good luck repurposing your life.

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
"Look, I've got shit to do"

Be a boss, do it via text. Cool

Big Grin

That's the best way to do it. It went very smooth with my last crazy one. Three short paragraphs sent and I never answer the phone again. Smile

Those little sit down talks can sometimes go very wrong. This day and age lots of crazies out there.

Officer, look I never laid a hand on her. I wasn't there, I texted her. Smile

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIP2000GLO:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
"Look, I've got shit to do"

Be a boss, do it via text. Cool

Big Grin

That's the best way to do it. It went very smooth with my last crazy one. Three short paragraphs sent and I never answered the phone again. Smile

Those little sit down talks can sometimes go very wrong. This day and age lots of crazies out there.

Officer, look I never laid a hand on her. I wasn't there, I texted her. Smile

Posts: 656 | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post