SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toto toilet seat
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toto toilet seat Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I have a Toto toilet but have been using the Bemis seat that come with the original toilet when I bought the house.

The Bemis hinge broke so I decided to buy a Toto seat. Love the toilet, the seat should be good right?

Boo - made in China crap. While the hinge is snug and unmoveable when bolted on the toilet, the seat wobbles because there is so much play in the hinge.

Not sure how to fix, if possible. I'm guessing the hinge is what it is. But perhaps I can apply some silicon adhesive or caulk to the 4 seat pads?

I dunno. But very disappointed in Toto. Crappy seat and made in China. Two let downs in one purchase.

I really, really wish Prime would show country of manufacture for all products.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Well, crap... Razz

We have TOTO toilets. I like the self closing TOTO seats. It would be better if they were heated and gently vibrated for a full commode experience.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
We should have a member in Tokyo who could help us buy authentic stuff.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Well, crap... Razz

We have TOTO toilets. I like the self closing TOTO seats. It would be better if they were heated and gently vibrated for a full commode experience.

T M I !!!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Well, crap... Razz

I have the Toto toilet, and put on the Toto bidet, heated seat and all. Damn, now that's some luxury. I live close enough to work that I'll drive home if necessary.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K0ZZZ:

I have the Toto toilet, and put on the Toto bidet, heated seat and all. Damn, now that's some luxury. I live close enough to work that I'll drive home if necessary.

Agreed. I’ve been a convert for years, 2 here and 1 in the NY house. Figuratively and literally the only way to “go”.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Shitbreak?

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Shitbreak?

Damn skippy. For those days when the coffee doesn't kick in quite fast enough.

I am looking forward to remodeling the downstairs bathroom, so I can put a new outlet in the right spot and buy another one.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 769 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Are toilet seats really this much of a thought process??? Is there a forum???

I go to Lowes/Home Depot and buy a toilet seat as needed. Should I ask to “try it out first”? Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"...I have the Toto toilet, and put on the Toto bidet, heated seat and all. Damn, now that's some luxury. I live close enough to work that I'll drive home if necessary"
Good One!
Must be on a union job, back when I was working, the union guys said they waited until they got to the job, and we're on the clock, to do life's essentials! Razz

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

https://www.toiletstool.com/

read about it on your eyePad while dropping a glock..... Razz

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a Toto toilet … made in China crap ...

It's not made in Kansas any more.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
I have a Toto toilet … made in China crap ...

It's not made in Kansas any more.

Mine were made in Georgia.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fortunately (in my case) American Standard seats are fantastic and will fit. We had a bathroom remodled, didn't specify the toilet and they put in a Toto. The toilet works great, the as time went on seat seemed to not get clean. even soaked in in Clorox overnight once. No issue with Am. Std.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

https://www.toiletstool.com/

read about it on your eyePad while dropping a glock..... Razz

Haha, well played sir.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Man that is one eff’d up website. Some strange folks out there.

-Jeff

Posts: 169 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or just get yourself one of these and stop worrying about the seat altogether.

https://japantoday.com/categor...-way-to-stay-healthy

When I was a kid I used to freak out when I had to drop a deuce at my aunt's house in Japan because she had one of these. Until I got old enough to actually give it a chance and...uh...the method actually does seem to facilitate evacuation as the article suggests. The biggest thing to be wary of is to make sure your pants are well out of the way.

Don't see the squatters much anymore especially in cities and touristy areas.

Posts: 820 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sakata8242:
Or just get yourself one of these and stop worrying about the seat altogether.

https://japantoday.com/categor...-way-to-stay-healthy

When I was a kid I used to freak out when I had to drop a deuce at my aunt's house in Japan because she had one of these. Until I got old enough to actually give it a chance and...uh...the method actually does seem to facilitate evacuation as the article suggests. The biggest thing to be wary of is to make sure your pants are well out of the way.

Don't see the squatters much anymore especially in cities and touristy areas.

These were a bit of a surprise to us on Liberty in Sasebo. Some are built on a slight ledge. Not so good for bad knees.

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They've seen the rain in Africa.

I use an American Standard Champion 4 toilet with the buffered seat. It will flush 24 golf balls at once. I don't have much trouble getting them down, but passing them is a bitch.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
The fanciest toilet seats I've ever seen were at my friends home. They "experienced" them in Japan and his wife had to have them for their house here. He said they list for about $1,000 each Eek but he got them for substantially less.

They come with a control panel which mounts on the wall. Seats stay warm but as soon as the proximity sensor senses you approach the commode, the heater ramps up more and the lid raises. After finishing the options include temperature controlled water sprayed softly or harder "back" or "front" and I think even hot air drying!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ridewv,

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7040 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post