SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why is everyone so attracted to me??? It is beyond frustrating.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why is everyone so attracted to me??? It is beyond frustrating. Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I drive a rather large vehicle that takes up a lot of the parking space. I generally am carting around three small boys that have no understanding of carefully opening doors no matter how much I try to make them understand.
So I park way away from everyone, way in the back and I generally try to park next to one of those lot dividers so at least one side no one can park next to me.
It never fails I almost always come back to my vehicle being completely surrounded by cars with tons of open spots everywhere that is not near me.

Why on earth do you feel the need to park next to me?

To continue I have 3 boys under 6 so they can be a bit wild if we go out to eat. We make sure to go to places that one would generally call kid friendly. If we get to choose our table we try to go to the back away from everyone.
Like the whole parking lot situation people always come and sit right by us yet there are tons of open tables away from us.
I also find that this scenario it is frequently an elderly couple that decides to sit right next to us.

Makes no sense to me.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because you are so dreamy. Smile

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I dunno but it happened to me and I hated it. My father sold me his near pristine Avalon. The car got more scratches and dings in the first six months of my owning it than his five years. I always parked away from other vehicles but somehow my car was magnet for marring.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Do you generally find that the cars that park near you are generally nicer cars?

If you do, it’s the herding mentality. They think you will be more careful around their cars because you care about yours.

This happens to me all the time. I don’t mind walking, even in the cold and will park as far away as I can and I come out and am surrounded.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Why on earth do you feel the need to park next to me?

I have NO idea... But Chowser may be on to something.
I have little trouble when in my old beater truck.

I park using the same rules as the urinals in the mens room...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Mmmmm....you smell so good.

But...you're a much better hugger when you're asleep.

Start parking like an asshole. Go out into the back of the parking lot and park sideways.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw a guy recently who has a bumper sticker of a happy face that said,I Have Herpes. Maybe something like that would work for you.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
At least if you end up parking next to the cart corral, you won’t have shopping carts next to you since people don’t lie to bring their carts back. Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
At least if you end up parking next to the cart corral, you won’t have shopping carts next to you since people don’t lie to bring their carts back. Big Grin

No, no, no, horrible place to park. People who do bring their carts back often just shove them in the general direction of the corral from 30ft away.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife has a similar problem. She has been backed into 5 times in 3 years in parking lots. It's getting ridiculous.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Do you generally find that the cars that park near you are generally nicer cars?

If you do, it’s the herding mentality. They think you will be more careful around their cars because you care about yours.

This happens to me all the time. I don’t mind walking, even in the cold and will park as far away as I can and I come out and am surrounded.

I've had that happen to me.

My wife, OTOH, seems to be a parking lot damage magnet. One time she even parked way far away from everything else and still somehow ended-up with a shopping cart bang. WTF is with that?

Then there was the last incident. Again: Parked way far away from everybody else. After she returned home I looked out the front window at her car. "What's this?" Walked out front, took a closer look. There, on the passenger side of her car was damage. Called out to her. She came out, looked, and "How the hell did that happen? I was parked well away from everybody else and nobody was around when I came back out!"

Adjuster came out. (We have comprehensive.) Agreed it looked like somebody had swiped her with the corner their bumper--as if on turning into our out of parking nearby. They covered it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
“ To continue I have 3 boys under 6 so they can be a bit wild if we go out to eat. We make sure to go to places that one would generally call kid friendly. If we get to choose our table we try to go to the back away from everyone.
Like the whole parking lot situation people always come and sit right by us yet there are tons of open tables away from us.
I also find that this scenario it is frequently an elderly couple that decides to sit right next to us.

Makes no sense to me.”

Have five kids and when they were younger I also Recall the elderly couples would sit close to us. I believe they just like kids and enjoy listening to the young kids talking. Many time I can recall a couple getting up and complimenting us on how good our children are.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

This should solve your parking problem. Just spray it in the next lane. They will think they hit a dead skunk and move. Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Well don't you think you're special! Get to hog the open space and park all by yourself! Wink

I'm guilty of doing just what you're complaining about, out of spite. Especially of someone parks intentionally crooked or takes up two spots. Nothing like parking the beater, crooked, right along side of them. Big Grin

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Most everybody wants to keep their ride in good shape. Not parking near the door helps. They park near you because they want to be out of the way. Tis why you parked there in the first place. Herd mentality kicks in. Game over.

In the restaurant, the waitstaff dumps everybody in the same area so they can stay on their phone longer and make a short trip for your only refill.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have said this for years about parking spaces but also with toilet stalls.

My GF has listened to me complain for 20 years about this. It could be 0300hrs in at some desolate rest stop. There are 100 crappers and I pick 49. I have not seen another vehicle going either direction in 4 hours but lo and behold out of no where some individual chooses either stall 48 or 50.

Never fails.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
This is how I always park, far, far away next to peninsula and tight to the curb so it leaves giant space to parking lines. I'll come out later and entire area I parked in is empty except the asshole that parks right next to me. Why?!?!?! WTF?!?!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Truth
Picture of Luis
posted Hide Post
Aww man, Black. I remember chattin with you bout Sigs n stuff back in my earlier days here! This thread is great, man! Best part of it for me is the fact that you said now you got a bunch of boys that get wild when yall go out to eat! Man thats beautiful!

I got two young daughters now that are the same way! LOL! I swear we cant go to any restaurant without one of them making a mess out out of something during the meal. Aint it great!

But yeah I hear you. For whatever reason, one person does something, and a whole bunch of other peeps will follow. Thats beautiful too because think about it. The only thing in this world that makes it great are the people who inhabit it. Know what I mean? People are great, man! Even though some people do stupid shit, thats part of it. Makes me kinda shake my head and wanna help them somehow.

41. Where might one purchase that product? Wink

Posts: 4328 | Location: A hop, skip and a jump from the bayou. S East Tx, USA | Registered: October 13, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
So I understand the herd mentality but leave one space between at least.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Shoulda kept the sporty van with the mag wheels.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post