SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    slobs sharing food
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

slobs sharing food Login/Join 
posted
So, the warden decides that we and our seven year old son are going to a pumpkin festival. All sorts of things to do, including buying food at several booths. There are benches and tables available to sit down and eat. I sometimes think that I must be from another planet. At what time did it become acceptable to eat off others plates and share food. Several groups sat at our table. One family took turns biting off pieces from a hamburger. Another wife and husband took turns eating off a corn on the cobb. Another mom took a nice long lick off an ice cream cone and then gave it back to her daughter. Then we had to watch 2-3 people taking swigs out of a gatoraide bottle. We teach our son not to take food from anothers place, or share drinks. Isn't it common sense not to share germs??? How about contracting a nice case of herpes from someone else's bottle??I was about to offer to buy the couple sharing the corn on the cobb their very own cobb, but the wife stopped me. Have I lost my mind or are people turning into a bunch of total slobs??????Oh, and BTW, these were all age groups.

Posts: 660 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya know it's really sad when they share their dentures!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Random people? No.

But I often eat food off my wife or kid's plate if they aren't finishing everything. I've eaten half my daughter's hamburger, and I would, though never have, eat off the same cob of corn as my wife if I really needed some more corn.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
Do you kiss your wife? If so, does it really matter if you take a bite off the same cob of corn?

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Not sharing with strangers but my wife all the time, usually some vegetable I won't eat I give to her. I hate most green things except okra and pickles.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Sharing is caring.

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
so because I let my son drink out of my Gatorade bottle we are slobs?

Really, a mother and her daughter sharing an ice cream cone?

Germaphobe nutcase was the first thought that popped into my head.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Found a pic of the OP having a drink with his wife at the pumpkin festival:

Found a pic of the strong side holster the OP uses to OC Purell:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Lighten up Francis!"

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Heck with most of that. I want my own food. If another family member doesn't finish theirs, I eat that, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MMSIG229:
So, the warden decides that we and our seven year old son are going to a pumpkin festival. All sorts of things to do, including buying food at several booths. There are benches and tables available to sit down and eat. I sometimes think that I must be from another planet. At what time did it become acceptable to eat off others plates and share food. Several groups sat at our table. One family took turns biting off pieces from a hamburger. Another wife and husband took turns eating off a corn on the cobb. Another mom took a nice long lick off an ice cream cone and then gave it back to her daughter. Then we had to watch 2-3 people taking swigs out of a gatoraide bottle. We teach our son not to take food from anothers place, or share drinks. Isn't it common sense not to share germs??? How about contracting a nice case of herpes from someone else's bottle??I was about to offer to buy the couple sharing the corn on the cobb their very own cobb, but the wife stopped me. Have I lost my mind or are people turning into a bunch of total slobs??????Oh, and BTW, these were all age groups.

Well...I don’t think so...but maybe some pictures or video would help me decide.

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Wow... a family sharing some food makes them slobs?

My son many times doesn't finish a burger or something and Ill finish it. These aren't strangers, they are family members.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I do think some things are gross to share, even with family. A popsicle, for instance.

I commonly share a burger or a drink with my wife or kids. That doesn't really bother me at all.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Averaging 6.3
posts per year
posted Hide Post
My sister won't eat food that has touched other food on her plate. Soooooo, she's got your back.

Rick.

Texting.......easier than calling.

Posts: 1366 | Location: P.C., FL - the emerald coast | Registered: September 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
My wife and I share food with each other. From what I can tell, it seems perfectly normal. In fact, based on my experience, finding a couple who does not share food with one another would actually be the rarity.

We will often times buy just one of an item and eat it together, including ice cream cones, popsicles, and lollipops.

I don't consider us slobs. In fact, it's because we have good hygiene and fastidious habits that makes sharing possible. I'm also certain that it's probably healthier: getting smaller portions of greater variety, plus the shared library between our immune systems.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they agree to it first, it's their business. Don't reach for my plate without prior approval, though - I'm food-aggressive.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
@ tatortodd: Big Grin

I avoided posting my opinion as I'm known as a bit of a slob.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
You would have an aneurysm in a nice Tapas place

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I would consider it weird not to share with family or close friends. If I was scared to share food with someone, I probably wouldn't want to appear in public with that person either.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post