SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Diva Christmas music
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diva Christmas music Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
Someone insisted on playing an albumload of Christmas songs by Christina Agu...Aga...Agui...oh, whatshername! Pukeworthy drivel. Overstyled ear pain. Wretched 'I am IT' excess. This is what some generation (not mine, certainly) believes passes for holiday spirit? After putting up with that crap, 12/26 couldn't come fast enough.

And here I thought Mariah whatshername was the pinnacle of how low hanging Christmas music was.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Diva, Diva, Diva.....

These two ladies have more talent in their pinkie fingers than these Gagas, Agularias, Mariahs...

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
Diva, Diva, Diva.....

These two ladies have more talent in their pinkie fingers than these Gagas, Agularias, Mariahs...

Great auto tune programs especially the first one.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
Yeah, auto-tuning and over-souling ruins Christmas songs..any songs. Frankly, today's Christmas music is reduced to a list of ~12 songs performed by ~30 current musicians and ~5 past musicians. And really, I don't want to hear some of those amoral people singing religious carols, either.

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
The sad thing is, Christina Aguilera actually has a pretty amazing voice. It's just ruined in almost every song she puts out due to massive overproduction.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
That Ella Fitz cut is gorgeous.

I have the two volume masterworks of her singing Cole Porter. She is probably my favorite female jazz vocalist.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post