New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lasik Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
When I had my cataracts done, I really, really, wanted to walk out of the OR area, into the waiting room, wearing a pair of Ray Charles type shades and carrying a white cane, then stop in the middle of the waiting area, throw the cane down, and shout "Hallelujah! I am cured!"

My wife vetoed the idea.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Has anyone had their lenses replaced for cataracts? It sounds like the correction is better than LASIK and obviously removes the cataract at the same time. My optometrist said he no longer recommends LASIK for anyone over 40 knowing that the cataracts are coming in the next 10-20 years.

Yes, I did about 10? years ago. Both eyes.

My lenses are "fixed" in that they do not "adapt" to distances, etc.

Not a big problem tho.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be aware that having cataract surgery at a younger age increase the risk factor of complications. Lost my macula on my dominant eye.

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
MNSIG, I had my lenses replaced with cataract surgery in 2012. I went from being legally blind without my coke bottle glasses to not having to wear any glasses at all. 20-25 for distance and 20-15 for reading.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1865 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Has anyone had their lenses replaced for cataracts? It sounds like the correction is better than LASIK and obviously removes the cataract at the same time. My optometrist said he no longer recommends LASIK for anyone over 40 knowing that the cataracts are coming in the next 10-20 years.

Had LASIK in 2001 with absolutely no issues. In fact the next day my wife fought with me about driving to the follow-up appointment. End result was 20/20 and 20/25.

Had cateract surgery last month. 20/20 and 20/20. Still am wearing sunglasss a lot. Best way to explain it is seeing a car with old yellowish headlights and then running into those bright LED headlights.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post