SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Wendy's no mask - no service
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wendy's no mask - no service Login/Join 
posted
Local Wendy's is now refusing service to customers who don't wear a mask.

Nevermind that the tables you can sit and eat at are 6 feet from the order desk. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here- those rules are the law. Need a mask to walk around a restaurant, once seated at a table you no longer need a mask on.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No law here...

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This does not apply to the drive-thru, correct?

Posts: 107472 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, at least not to my knowledge.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
There's a couple stores local with the "No mask, no service" sign. It makes me feel like being a dick, going in without a mask and just standing around, ready to tell them "It's okay, I don't want service."

Posts: 21093 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
their place, their rules. If you don't like it you can exercise your option of going elsewhere.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Some of these mask rules make no sense.

Dentist and Endodontist: Have to wear a mask until you're in the chair. You spend most of your time in the chair.

Local brewpub: Have to wear a mask until you're seated. You spend most of your time in the establishment seated.

Restaurants with inside dining? Same thing.

Hello?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The girl took the order and was waiting for everything to be ready. That's when the manager tells her to refuse service to anyone without a mask.
* Not to mention the cashiers mask kept uncovering her nose. Or the customer ahead in the line waiting for food with their mask under their nose. Roll Eyes

Received the food and I had a chat with the manager, he tells me it's corporate's policy (we shall see). Nothing was said about wearing a mask a couple weeks ago.

Will not comply and will not wear a commie pacifier!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
their place, their rules. If you don't like it you can exercise your option of going elsewhere.

Trust me, Wendy's (at least this location) is now on the list.. right behind the Menards commies.
Wendy's to the north doesn't care...

As far as Menards... well, let's just say Home Depot is still glad to service their valued customers!

Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
As far as Menards... well, let's just say Home Depot is still glad to service their valued customers!

Went to a home depot today and they have a policy of anyone coming in the store to shop must wear a mask. This one is in CA so that may be part of the screwedupness

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:

Went to a home depot today and they have a policy of anyone coming in the store to shop must wear a mask. This one is in CA so that may be part of the screwedupness

Signs are in place, but they take care of business and dont run around harassing/policing their customers.
(Menards police their sheep at the door)

Almost every store has the signs for liability reasons, but they are more useless than the no gun signs.
IN gun signs hold no force of law and being there's no mask law.... and even if there was, most have a medical exclusion among other exemptions.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Gov. Lee has allowed city/county authorities … leeway to require masks or not. Mine do, but no one is enforcing it that I can tell.

There is a gas station/convenience store with an adjoining laundromat that I frequent. It has a sign on the entrance to the store portion (but not the laundromat) saying masks are required to enter, but directly below it is another sign saying that for sales requiring ID (alcohol/tobacco) they may ask you to remove your mask so they can be sure it's really you in the picture. What a joke. Roll Eyes I have a picture of it on my cell phone. Another place I shop at went from "mask required" to mask "suggested."

I bought a box of masks so I can have one with me, but don't use them. Nobody has mounted any serious challenge.

Posts: 27922 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
It’s required here. Part of my every day now is saying “oh, shit” halfway to any entrance, turning around and heading back to my car because I forgot the damn thing (I usually keep 1 somewhere in the car).

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5302 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Just eat or drink slowly, no mask required. I started off skipping where a mask was required, about impossible now.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go through the drive thru to order, park, and walk in to eat sitting down.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not wearing one and have not wore one. If you require me to wear one, I will go elsewhere. Most places here have them posted but do not enforce.

Posts: 545 | Location: OH | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Go through the drive thru to order, park, and walk in to eat sitting down.

I thought of this exact practice after Para's post. Big Grin

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
The mask shit is why I’ve been dining out much less and also buying stuff more online. It’s like local governments want their businesses to fail.

Posts: 13086 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This does not apply to the drive-thru, correct?

There are a few drive-throughs in my area that require it. There are others that posted signs that say they require it but I'd forgotten my mask and they still served me.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post