SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A Day Without A Woman
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Day Without A Woman Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My wife & I live in a lib twilight zone. It is also called Chapel Hill NC. Today they shut the entire school system down for this 'event.' We are assuming that education is now less important than other issues we face. LOL...

Posts: 137 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: February 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
I think that's their point is to prove the system can't live without them.... short term that may be true if they all just decide to call in one day because you have to assume 50% of workplace is male and 50% female (roughly depending on industry) .... but long term they would just hire more males if females didn't come to work... I don't understand the purpose...
To add to what you're saying, look at their playbook, Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals:

1 - build power from flesh and blood. Getting thousands of female teachers to take day off at the last minute is their power

4 - Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules. If the rules allow teachers to do this then do it in an overwhelming fashion.

5 - Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. This is the whole Trump and the Republicans' war on women nonsense

6 - A good tactic is one your people enjoy. Not working and protesting are high liberal priorities

11 - If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive. The media is on their side so instead of this being about the negative impacts this had, it's about their pushing back on Trump and the Republicans war on women

All of the above working even better when you have a horde of shallow thinking useful idiots at your beck and call

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Saul Alinsky was the devil incarnate. The man was pure evil. Read into his real history and all of the damage, death, and destruction he is directly or indirectly responsible for and it will be abundantly clear that I am not exaggerating.

He was also revered by Hillary Clinton. We dodged a major bullet in November but we must never let down our guard.

"...and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil". Say it every day.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Saul Alinsky was the devil incarnate. The man was pure evil. Read into his real history and all of the damage, death, and destruction he is directly or indirectly responsible for and it will be abundantly clear that I am not exaggerating.
Agreed. He actually acknowledges Lucifer in his acknowledgement page in Rules for Radicals.
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
He was also revered by Hillary Clinton. We dodged a major bullet in November but we must never let down our guard.
Agreed, but to add that he was also revered by one of the biggest douchenozzles in modern time who actually taught it at University of Chicago.

Pretty fucking sad that a political party would adopt that evil man's strategy, and nearly 66 million people would still vote for them.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The second largest public school system in our state just had to announce (at 1930 EST) that kids will be off tomorrow due to the excessive number of leave requests that came in today. Not enough staff for transportation or education.

So, as I understand it, the so-called "management" has no control over who takes leave, or when. Is that correct?

In my universe the management was responsible to see that the enterprise kept operating smoothly.

But, it seems, that this concept is foreign to school teachers/employees.

And people seem to have a problem understanding the concept of home schooling???

Gee, maybe it is because kids actually get EDUCATED instead of indoctrinated?

You apply for leave and it is refused, and you fail to show up for work, you get fired. At least in my universe.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah this is great because our millennials already have such great work ethic... lets teach our next generation it's ok to be a complete piece of shit by just deciding not to come to work whenever you want...

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kskelton:
Yeah this is great because our millennials already have such great work ethic... lets teach our next generation it's ok to be a complete piece of shit by just deciding not to come to work whenever you want...

That's one of the things I meant when I wrote about ramifications. So, what's to stop dudes from having a "guys day" next week? There's now a precedent set. And what about student "walkouts"? I remember those resulting in detentions when I was a kid.. should be ok to pull off now without consequences, right? This is foolish.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I also posted this in the other thread in The Lounge.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
This "day without a woman" business, was actually a "day without privileged white entitled women."

It did not achieve its goal, because there wasn't one in particular. All it did was highlight who was expendable, and who was happy to exploit their position at the expense of others.

Real feminists want equality, and that is a worthy goal. "militant feminists," and people who agree with stunts like a "day without women," are doing more damage than good to their cause.

A strike is a very specific tool, and to be effective it must have a defined goal and target, as well as a dedicated group. This is why unions exist, and a specific company and grievance is involved.

"a day without women" was masturbatory. It was for "the feels," so that these dongs and their associated male sympathizers could feel good about themselves. Good work, jackasses, I now care even less about your bullshit.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Interesting

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
... You dredged up a 3.5 year old thread just to post a one word comment?

Confused

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
... You dredged up a 3.5 year old thread just to post a one word comment?

Confused

It would seem he did. Confusing because he doesn't have a particularly low post count or isn't a newbie.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
Interesting

Yes, that's a real gem, a real nugget of an observation that will greatly add to this 3.5 year old thread. Mighty fine contribution right there. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Send them a bill for child.care.... or your own bill.for loss of billable hours at your rate since you had to do child.care.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
Interesting

Yes, that's a real gem, a real nugget of an observation that will greatly add to this 3.5 year old thread. Mighty fine contribution right there. Roll Eyes

Word!

Posts: 2640 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post