SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Disband the Yankees!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disband the Yankees! Login/Join 
posted
MLB would not let black players play baseball in the 1930's. So, if Kate Smith was wrong so were they. Dump the entire fucking bunch!

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disband MLB!

Posts: 2541 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A textbook example of hypocrisy !

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Yes, but they evolved.

See how that works?

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

The Yankees are no longer playing Kate Smith’s “God Bless America” as she allegedly performed songs considered to be racist.

Posts: 1359 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
The term 'Yankee' is racist as hell. Disband the whole organization.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
as she allegedly performed songs considered to be racist.

Yeah... and it was in the 1930s

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The question I would ask anyone who supports this brand of nonsense is- what are you doing right now, that will be considered shocking or socially unacceptable, say, 75 years from now, or 150 years from now?

What opinions have you expressed, what causes have you supported, what actions have you taken- all of which are perfectly acceptable today- that will be condemned in the future?

It's preposterous. I can understand children accepting this stuff, especially since it is being all but intravenously injected into them in the indoctrination camps known as public school. It's the adults who have no excuse.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107582 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I used to believe that the NHL was the last bastion of PC resistance....no longer.

Philly Flyers got involved in this bullshit, too.

Philadelphia Flyers remove Kate Smith statue, New York Yankees halt her 'God Bless America' amid controversy

The Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday removed a statue of late singer Kate Smith that stood outside their arena for more than three decades, the move coming two days after the team covered the monument in response to complaints about two tunes the "God Bless America" singer performed in the 1930s.

The Flyers had covered the statue and suspended playing her famous rendition of the patriotic song Friday. The Flyers decision followed a similar one made recently by the New York Yankees, who for 18 years had played the recording during the seventh inning stretch. Smith's statue had stood near the Philadelphia sports complex since 1987.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This idiocy, this absurdity is emblematic of our times.

This could be a really beautiful country if it weren't for the drag put on us as a people, by leftist imbeciles and their ruinous bullshit.

And yes, I know that some of them know that this is all nonsense, and they are using "racism" simply as a pretense to further tear down this nation. Either way- Clueless or conniving, these people ruin everything they touch.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107582 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Conservatives usually don't fight fire with fire. I say it's time.

Let's find someone the liberals love that at some time in the past made some anti-LBGQT whatever statements and let them have it...tear down their statue.

Just off the top of my head I can think of the Clintons saying stuff about marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman. Bill Clinton stance on marriage (DOMA).

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimmyRayBob:
Conservatives usually don't fight fire with fire. I say it's time.

Let's find someone the liberals love that at some time in the past made some anti-LBGQT whatever statements and let them have it...tear down their statue.

Just off the top of my head I can think of the Clintons saying stuff about marriage is supposed to be between a man and a woman. Bill Clinton stance on marriage (DOMA).

Margaret Sanger. Robert Byrd.

Your idea has been tried. The Left's hypocrisy allows them to rationalize away these people's past racist views.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let us not forget that most presidents of the United States of America, before the Civil War, held black slaves! We have got to be PC, look in your pockets and wallets and throw away all that currency that has a picture of a slave holder. Wow, you are broke.

The Left is ridiculous and this country is in big trouble. Let us hope that changes. I am too old to ever see it.

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: December 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Philly Flyers got involved in this bullshit, too.

Well, in past years they were called "The Broad Street Bullies".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post