SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Colds that last forever.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colds that last forever. Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Normally, I get over a cold pretty quick, 2 weeks.

I inherited a chest cold before Christmas, and although it's diminished some, it lingers on.
This is the first cold I've gotten in my chest in 30 years, normally, I have head colds.

I coughed some when I first got it, now it is an ongoing task of clearing mucus all day. My 95 year old Mom got the same type of cold, I am worried about her, but she has been to doctors, they are monitoring her. Not pneumonia.

Everyone is telling me this year's cold variety is what I'm having, lasting 9 weeks or more. We had warm, damp weather, this winter, which aided in sickness.

Would some one volunteer to inherit this cold from me? Who else has one lasting this long?

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
My mother seems to have that cold, now that you mention it, same course and symptoms.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
About 12+ yrs. ago or so I had a chest cold that would not go away. I finally went in to the doc. after close to a month and w/ xrays it was determined it was about done w/ it, but he gave me some codine cough medicine just for night time sleep. He was big on a good nights rest.
I think that cold was 5 weeks long.

Posts: 7349 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got it at Thanksgiving. Still have it.

Posts: 1401 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You can't beat SAMBUCOL at Walmart for $9 while the bandits at CVS get $16 for the same 4 ounce bottle of the syrup.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sam...19e0ebb588e468102e4e

Then there is vitamin C and also vitamin D3.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Not to be paranoid, but get it checked out. Up to and including a chest X-ray.
In 2011, I got one of my yearly bronchial infections. Just could t seem to shake it. Long story short, turns out I have Pulmonary Sarcoidosis.
It’s not something you want. .

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post