SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    If you're not going to stock the stuff I need, then why even have a store?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you're not going to stock the stuff I need, then why even have a store? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Honestly, one of the reasons to buy at a brick & mortar is that you can get it NOW.
The main reason that I buy things online: I can not find them in stock at a local store. Yeah, they can order, but I can order too, and with Amazon, I typically receive orders faster than I would receive them if the store ordered.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Honestly, one of the reasons to buy at a brick & mortar is that you can get it NOW.

The main reason that I buy things online: I can not find them in stock at a local store. Yeah, they can order, but I can order too, and with Amazon, I typically receive orders faster than I would receive them if the store ordered.

Yep, no need to spend the better part of an afternoon driving around in hopes of finding what you need in stock somewhere. Getting it NOW only applies to stuff IN STOCK and too often I have found IN STOCK isn't what I need. Even if I can't find it on Amazon, someone online has it, normally for a fraction of the cost.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Yep, no need to spend the better part of an afternoon driving around in hopes of finding what you need in stock somewhere. Getting it NOW only applies to stuff IN STOCK and too often I have found IN STOCK isn't what I need. Even if I can't find it on Amazon, someone online has it, normally for a fraction of the cost.

I just wish i could buy ammo online Frown

Posts: 4 | Registered: April 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Popcorn:

Why can't you? I buy small quantities at Walmart, large quantities online.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Brick and mortar is for booze, gas, fresh foods, CVS, etc. Spent an entire Saturday looking for a special audio cable. Four stores and almost a tank of gas. My nephew laughed at me. Said he’ll have it from Amazon Prime in two days for less than $5.

Needed a pair of shoelaces. Hit every drug store in town plus two shoe stores. No one had the correct color and length. Amazon to the rescue. Again, under $5.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:

ammoman.com

Free shipping too

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

I just wish i could buy ammo online

Are you in a state or city that prohibits it or something?

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
You have the power to change that out of stock crap.
Here is what I did.
Go to store around 7:30 ,manager does a walk thru departments.Find him ,introduce your self and express your concerns[have a list] He or she will listen.
The time it did not work I called Bentenville,that had that manager call me at home.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I’ve learned to keep oil, oil filter’s, windshield wipers and other small maintenance items, IN STOCK, in my garage, rather than depend on the store to have them in stock when I need them.

Plus, it might be a random Saturday when I decide to do an oil change and it’s refreshing not having to run up to the store because I already have the stuff.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 92fstech:
And don't tell me you can order it.

I get that from my local mower shop. I can order it myself, Chico.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post