SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Grrrr. Missing/Misplaced Magazines - UPDATE: Found 'em!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grrrr. Missing/Misplaced Magazines - UPDATE: Found 'em! Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted
I hate losing things. A year ago I moved into my new home and made the closet in my office space my "gun closet." So, today I thought I'd go to the range tomorrow and take a couple of my guns that I haven't used in a while.

My guns are in safes, so I have access to them all. However, I ran out of space for extra magazines. In my old house, I put the "spillover" mags into an NRA clock that has a "secret" storage area.

So today I pulled out my XD-s .45ACP and Tanfoglio 9mm. I collected all the mags for the XD-s, and then went to the clock to fetch the mags for the Tanfoglio. Empty.

I have three 13-round mags for this gun. One is in it, the others...? Gone too, are the mags for my S&W M&P9 C.O.R.E. three of those, too.

Now, I'm trying to retrace my steps as I moved in. I've pretty well checked all the rooms, so they're either in a box in the attic, or in the garage.

It looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of reloading next trip to the range. ARGH!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fpuhan,

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If this is the first time this has happened to you, it gets worse. It's called advancing age. Check your freezer.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Just buy replacements...you'll find your missing mags shortly after.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up several ammo cans with foam cutouts for mags from Amazon. I labelled each can with the type of mag-Beretta, CZ, etc. Now, if I can find those damn cans.....

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. We are about 11 months in on moving to a new house. I stumbled by a CZ P09 a couple months after moving I had stashed above a shelf, forgot I put it there. It got me thinking about taking inventory. I couldn't find a compact 92, racked my brain for months, made me sick. The wife found it a couple of weeks ago, I had put it in a mini safe in the guest room. She didn't even call me a dumb ass Big Grin

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Proof that I haven't completely lost my mind. Also proof that I should look a little harder.

I found my missing magazines in an empty ammo can -- which was why I kept it in the first place.

There are five or six ammo boxes in my closet. And most of them contain -- wait for it -- ammo.

But as I was pulling them out of the closet to give it the fine tooth comb treatment, one was inordinately light. I opened it, and voilà - there they were! Next stop, the range...

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you need AmmoCan Magnets. The one in the link is for Mags with a fill in spot for specifics, but they have other options.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23100 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Better that having TSA find them in that carry on you used to move a bunch of your stuff... you know, that little tiny pocket where you put the loaded LCP magazines, but somehow one managed to stay tucked into a corner.... Eek

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fizteach
posted Hide Post
I have 6 or so p239 mags around here somewhere. I was going to carry the P239 but could not find but one of my mags for the weapon. Replacements for these mags are non-existent!

Get over it!!

Posts: 669 | Location: Campbell, TX | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post