SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    George Zimmerman AGAIN
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

George Zimmerman AGAIN Login/Join 
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018...tin-documentary.html

Why can't this idiot simply keep his head down and just disappear? Please, please, do us all a favor and just go away.

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Looks like one of the side effects of his acquittal is a feeling of invincibility.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
What a dumb ass. Threatening people on text message and voicemail.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His guardian angel has to be tired.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Even OJ's been kind of quiet lately.
Poor George just can't quite figure it out. One day he's going to run into someone just as stupid as he is that's better prepared.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Screwball and a dipshit.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Surprised he hasnt shot anyone else by now with his ghetto blaster Kel-Tec.

What. A. Loser.

Even the white Hispanics don't like his ass.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Hopefully he finds a way to get himself locked up for life without hurting anyone else. Dude is an unstable, Grade A Asshole. While I have no doubt that he was justified in the Trayvon shooting, I also have no doubt that he escalated the situation at every opportunity. It's really only a matter of time before he gets into it with someone else.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
He should sweat more, with this behavior.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Guy just can't stay out of his own way, can he? Roll Eyes

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I don't know if I ever posted this, but Trayvon was LITERALLY shot in my back yard. Walk out my back door, and the dudes corpse would have been about 15-20 feet from my back door. My town home in Sanford was the sight of this non-sense. I wasnt home at the time.

It was a shit show. And it personally cost me a lot of money. The HOA insurance for the community settled with the parents sperm donors for millions of dollars. AND the HOA premium doubled for all home owners. THANKS Zimmerman!!!

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
He may have been acquitted, but I doubt he’s had any peace and quiet. More likely, surviving the legal part, he’s developed a healthy dose of paranoia . I know the cop that shot the thug in the St. Louis area, wound up not being able to keep a job selling shoes for the other side hounding him and anyone he came in contact with. Ignore what we’re seeing in behavior, who wants to hire George Zimmerman a month after the trial? Not many. I don’t condone what he did, but I do wonder if he feels safe and comfortable these days. As far as blaming him for HOA dues going up, does anyone lay that blame on the sperm donor parents or the little thug they raised?

If you don’t see my point, I’m sorry, but there’s always more than one side to this mess. Think about what life would be like post a similar incident if it were you involved.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:While I have no doubt that he was justified in the Trayvon shooting, I also have no doubt that he escalated the situation at every opportunity.

His behavior has me wondering.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I think that Zimmerman is a natural born asshole who misses no chance to be an asshole.

He was acquitted fair and square in the Martin shooting, and I am fine with that. But his subsequent behavior makes me more and more convinced that he could have handled Martin in a way that didn't result in violence.

Zimmerman may not be looking for trouble, but he seems unable to avoid it when it comes his way.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
The HOA insurance for the community settled with the parents sperm donors for millions of dollars.
Now I'm confused. I was under the impression that Florida law specified that if a shooter is not found guilty of criminal charges in a self-defense situation, there could not be a subsequent civil suit.

Am I wrong about this?

I know that we have a couple Florida lawyers on board, maybe one of them will chime in here.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
The HOA insurance for the community settled with the parents sperm donors for millions of dollars.
Now I'm confused. I was under the impression that Florida law specified that if a shooter is not found guilty of criminal charges in a self-defense situation, there could not be a subsequent civil suit.

Am I wrong about this?

I know that we have a couple Florida lawyers on board, maybe one of them will chime in here.

I will preface this with I don't do civil litigation but I am unaware of any law to that effect. Florida jury forms in criminal do not specify why the jury acquitted the defendant. So anyone is free to file a suit in civil court. Plus, the HOA was not a party to the criminal case, so it does not matter why Zim was acquitted as it relates to the HOA.

Last year the FL Supreme Court also held that Stand Your Ground immunity to a criminal charge does not carry over to the Civil arena. And this is what you may be thinking of.

But, Zim never argued Stand Your Ground at the criminal trial. And I don't know if the HOA could benefit from that motion anyway.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
V-Tail may be refer to FL Statue 776.085...

776.085 Defense to civil action for damages; party convicted of forcible or attempted forcible felony.—
(1) It shall be a defense to any action for damages for personal injury or wrongful death, or for injury to property, that such action arose from injury sustained by a participant during the commission or attempted commission of a forcible felony. The defense authorized by this section shall be established by evidence that the participant has been convicted of such forcible felony or attempted forcible felony, or by proof of the commission of such crime or attempted crime by a preponderance of the evidence.
(2) For the purposes of this section, the term “forcible felony” shall have the same meaning as in s. 776.08.
(3) Any civil action in which the defense recognized by this section is raised shall be stayed by the court on the motion of the civil defendant during the pendency of any criminal action which forms the basis for the defense, unless the court finds that a conviction in the criminal action would not form a valid defense under this section.
(4) In any civil action where a party prevails based on the defense created by this section:
(a) The losing party, if convicted of and incarcerated for the crime or attempted crime, shall, as determined by the court, lose any privileges provided by the correctional facility, including, but not limited to:
1. Canteen purchases;
2. Telephone access;
3. Outdoor exercise;
4. Use of the library; and
5. Visitation.
(b) The court shall award a reasonable attorney’s fee to be paid to the prevailing party in equal amounts by the losing party and the losing party’s attorney; however, the losing party’s attorney is not personally responsible if he or she has acted in good faith, based on the representations of his or her client. If the losing party is incarcerated for the crime or attempted crime and has insufficient assets to cover payment of the costs of the action and the award of fees pursuant to this paragraph, the party shall, as determined by the court, be required to pay by deduction from any payments the prisoner receives while incarcerated.
(c) If the losing party is incarcerated for the crime or attempted crime, the court shall issue a written order containing its findings and ruling pursuant to paragraphs (a) and (b) and shall direct that a certified copy be forwarded to the appropriate correctional institution or facility.
History.—s. 1, ch. 87-187; s. 72, ch. 96-388.

Personally, I like that the DIRTBAG loses his priveledges if he sues and loses. Big Grin

Or more likely 776.032...
776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use or threatened use of force.—
(1) A person who uses or threatens to use force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in such conduct and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use or threatened use of such force by the person, personal representative, or heirs of the person against whom the force was used or threatened, unless the person against whom force was used or threatened is a law enforcement officer, as defined in s. 943.10(14), who was acting in the performance of his or her official duties and the officer identified himself or herself in accordance with any applicable law or the person using or threatening to use force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer. As used in this subsection, the term “criminal prosecution” includes arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting the defendant.
(2) A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use or threatened use of force as described in subsection (1), but the agency may not arrest the person for using or threatening to use force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used or threatened was unlawful.
(3) The court shall award reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection (1).
(4) In a criminal prosecution, once a prima facie claim of self-defense immunity from criminal prosecution has been raised by the defendant at a pretrial immunity hearing, the burden of proof by clear and convincing evidence is on the party seeking to overcome the immunity from criminal prosecution provided in subsection (1).
History.—s. 4, ch. 2005-27; s. 6, ch. 2014-195; s. 1, ch. 2017-72.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ya, stand your ground law. But it is not a very well written law, as stated if a criminal court rules you the shooter's favor it does not carry over to the civil side. You must start all over again, raising that defense. And there is no case law interpreting how or if a 3rd party (the HOA in this case)would benefit from a successful use of SYG law claim.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I would venture that law pertains to suing Zimmerman only, not the property on which the event happened for some kind of civil damages.

Who wants to bet the thugs family used Morgan and Morgan, For the money...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post