SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The over-achiever bird that does his morning song at 1AM.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The over-achiever bird that does his morning song at 1AM. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
I hope evolution shows you the fat finger, you waste of feathers. I don’t need to hear the whole litany that I used to wake up to, especially when you’ve decided to perch right outside my window. Most especially when my body already thinks it is 10pm. Just go ahead and fuck right off. Or choke to death on a worm or something, I don’t care. But fuck off all the same.

I just went out and shined a thousand lumens at him. He started over again. F is all I’ve got.

What’s the Florida bird that goes through literally every call a bird can make? Someone please give me a face I can attach to my misery.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could be worse:

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Almost certainly a Mockingbird. The flashlight was exactly the wrong thing to do. They usually spend the night singing because there's either a bright moon or some other source of light that makes them think it's dawn. Your flashlight convinced him it was noon.

He can't help himself. He so horny and trying to find a girlfriend to love him long time.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Yep, I'd bet mockingbird. This time of year you've just got to wait him out.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Don't worry, cause every little thing is gonna be alright.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/zaGUr6wzyT8

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Almost certainly a Mockingbird. The flashlight was exactly the wrong thing to do.

Agreed - we had one that was practically on our window at 0200 in TX, believe he's followed us here.

And agreed - unless the flashlight was attached to a pellet gun, shotgun or bazooka. Not that I'm recommending that - the rest of the gang would then assemble to sing a protest song the next 10 years.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:... I just went out and shined a thousand lumens at him. He started over again. F is all I’ve got. ...

He's mocking you.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Almost certainly a Mockingbird. The flashlight was exactly the wrong thing to do. They usually spend the night singing because there's either a bright moon or some other source of light that makes them think it's dawn. Your flashlight convinced him it was noon.

He can't help himself. He so horny and trying to find a girlfriend to love him long time.

Yeah, I wondered. Thanks! Lol

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Used to listen to and be fascinated by the Mockingbirds in MD. One in particular had included in his repertoire the sounds of two little birds (finches, wrens?) fighting or fussing.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a higher end water gun?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
We have one that hoots like an owl and has the song of the whippoorwill.

I have a 200 decibel cockatoo to wake me up at the crack of dawn or whenever the closest neighbor pulls up in their drive in the middle of the night.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Sam, my outdoor kitty would love to meet him.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
Could be worse.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OF6bDzv0OM

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
There's a bird outside my room that chirps non-stop starting around 5:30am until a little after 6. Only problem is that I don't get out of bed until 7am.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
#8 20ga problem solved.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
How about a snake decoy in the tree? Perhaps that might make him move along.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Just be glad that you are not in Oslo, Norway. Not one but flocks, and all 'night'.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
BB gun.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Just wait until they build a nest nearby. You'll get dive-bombed every time you go out in your yard.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
Just wait until they build a nest nearby. You'll get dive-bombed every time you go out in your yard.

He keeps hanging out in the tree outside our window. I’m not too worried about it, we’re head home Saturday. If this was at home, I wouldn’t have posted about it.