SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    If your stuff is sold, close your add! (Craigslist related)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If your stuff is sold, close your add! (Craigslist related) Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Recently sold a motorcycle on Craigslist with the intention of buying a different one. When I listed mine for sale, I got nearly a dozen messages that consisted only of “Is this still available?” Which was very annoying...if it wasn’t available, why would my add be active?! Well I now know why, as I had tried to use Craigslist to buy a new bike to replace the sold one. I have probably replied to another 7-8 adds, and either get no response, or a response that says “Sorry, it’s sold.” If you’re not going to respond, or the item is sold, why the hell do you still have it listed in the first place?! Take your damn add down so I know not to consider your bike as an option!!! Now I know why so many people contacted me asking “Is this still available?” I have to become one of those people now.

Posts: 4449 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
One "d", two "d", three "d", more! Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm always on the hunt & browse CL from time to time.

I see people who update their ad to show Sold. Why not just delete the ad?

I flag them, which also has the benefit of hiding the ad from my list as well.

Same for listings for stuff that's across the country Confused

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I do, but I wait until it actually leaves my property. If I get more responses while I'm waiting for the first caller to show up, I send them a quick note saying if there's a no-show (which happens fairly often) they're next on the list.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I'd bet that few people who place ads on craigslist save the manage your ad link.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
they should add a button for cancel to every ad so you don't end up adding it to your ads

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Recently sold a motorcycle on Craigslist with the intention of buying a different one. When I listed mine for sale, I got nearly a dozen messages that consisted only of “Is this still available?” Which was very annoying...if it wasn’t available, why would my add be active?! Well I now know why, as I had tried to use Craigslist to buy a new bike to replace the sold one. I have probably replied to another 7-8 adds, and either get no response, or a response that says “Sorry, it’s sold.” If you’re not going to respond, or the item is sold, why the hell do you still have it listed in the first place?! Take your damn add down so I know not to consider your bike as an option!!! Now I know why so many people contacted me asking “Is this still available?” I have to become one of those people now.

I think Craigslist people are weird. Looking to help friends replace furniture that was destroyed in recent floods. I responded to about 15 and and on at least 10 the seller never responded. In every case, that ad stayed up for more than another week.

Had one seller that took a week to respond then wanted the transaction to happen that evening. Like responded at 3:30 and said would like to get the deal done by 8. Luckily that worked in my schedule (and I actually got a really good deal.)

I thought she was pretty cleaver - as a single female - would not text and would not call me. Everything had to be by email - was a bit inconvenient because I couldn't find her unit and had to wait for an email reply.

She also carried a lazy boy down one or two flights of stairs - apparently she didn't want me knowing her unit number. (Poor thing, she didn't know that a lazy boy comes apart. Don't know how she got it down the stairs in one piece.)

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post