SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Old people with tats.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old people with tats. Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I read a book about Russian prisons under Stalin. Criminals, that is people who break the law as opposed to people incarcerated for political purposes, are heavily tattooed and their tattoos tell the story of their life and their criminal acts. The one thing that shocked me were the number of times there were references to having tattooed penises. I can't picture how bad that would hurt.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
To be clear, I'm not against all tattoos.

I fully understand and can support those boys getting tattoos with unit insignias from the Army and Navy and such on their shoulders. I have no issue with that, and in some ways, wish I'd have had the balls to do the same (although I'm glad that I didn't...if that makes sense).

Memorializing people that you fought and died with and those times are one thing, getting a tramp stamp because you like it doggy-style are another. A beautiful woman marking up her body with some weird graffiti up her arm and neck take it to a whole 'nother level. It shows nothing but poor judgement in my opinion.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
And to be clear I agree with you about women covered in tattoos. It is a turn off for me. Less than the gauges in the ears but I don't like too many tats on a girl.

But it doesn't piss me off when they have either. I just keep looking.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
To be clear, I'm not against all tattoos.

I fully understand and can support those boys getting tattoos with unit insignias from the Army and Navy and such on their shoulders. I have no issue with that, and in some ways, wish I'd have had the balls to do the same (although I'm glad that I didn't...if that makes sense).

Memorializing people that you fought and died with and those times are one thing, getting a tramp stamp because you like it doggy-style are another. A beautiful woman marking up her body with some weird graffiti up her arm and neck take it to a whole 'nother level. It shows nothing but poor judgement in my opinion.

+1 to all of the above.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stkfox:
getting a tramp stamp because you like it doggy-style are another. A beautiful woman marking up her body with some weird graffiti up her arm and neck take it to a whole 'nother level. It shows nothing but poor judgement in my opinion.

Well it does tell you she's down for pretty much anything, if that is what you are looking for. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
I got my first tattoo when i turned 50 and another when i turned 58 and i just added to that one recently. I really don't care what anyone thinks about them. Yes i have white hair but i also drive a Dodge Viper GTS and enjoy what time i have left.

Posts: 1202 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I thought about getting a skin-colored tattoo.

That way, the tattoo artist and I would be the only two people who know that I have it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeeperxd:
I got my first tattoo when i turned 50 and another when i turned 58 and i just added to that one recently. I really don't care what anyone thinks about them. Yes i have white hair but i also drive a Dodge Viper GTS and enjoy what time i have left.
How about the patented long white pony tail ?

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree , 60 y.0. should be the limit,
that would solve most of America's problems, right there.

now, if we only had a volcano to throw them all in too.

oh and cattle train cars we'll need some of those to. we'll tell them it's a free vacation

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:How about the patented long white pony tail ?

Wink

"White" is bad enough. The greasy yellow/gray pony tail is the worst.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
What you think really matters not one bit to them,

But shouldn't it though?

Shouldn't we all at least attempt to conform to societal norms rather than being the rebel in whom it matters not one bit?

Shouldn't we think to ourselves, before making a stupid decision, "you know, the vast majority of society is going to look down on this, so maybe I shouldn't do it", rather than "FUCK 'EM!"?
But does the vast majority of society look down on them? I kind of doubt it.

You want to emulate a society where everyone obeys social norms, eh? I don't. I've been to Japan. Love to visit, wouldn't want to live there. Freaks, weirdos and nonconformists keep things spicy. And weren't we creeped out by the information out of China about how they have developed experimentally a "social credit rating" where if folks don't think well of you and you don't fit in, you can't even buy a plane ticket? No thanks.

I don't give two craps what you look like, sound like, or how you dress as long as you generally treat each me by the Golden Rule and behave with integrity. Funny thing is, the people that have caused me the most problems in my life seemed to fit right squarely in the "normal" look category. The outliers...not as much.

ever watch the UK show Black Mirror?

there is an episode were everyone is judged by their status, as in percentages of likes, on social media

interesting episode,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
My 18 yr old Grandson got a tat of his birth date just under his collar bone in one inch high Roman numerals... In plain dark green ink. Not bad done but not really neatly done either.

I ask him WTF. Why? Can you not remember your birth date? You have to look at that every day for the rest of your life. I bet he couldn't even cipher the numbers if he didn't know them already, do they still even teach that in school? He offered no answer. At least they got the date right with the correct numerals.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Seems like some folks are going tit-for-tat in this thread. Wink

Oooo, you needling us. Big Grin

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
I ask him WTF. Why?

I was texting with an old friend from NY last night. Beautiful filipino gal. Intelligent...without her I'd have never made it through biochem. Good head on her shoulders. One of the few rational liberals I've ever known (and now a Trump supporter...go figure), and with a singing voice that could have made her millions...instead she went into healthcare. Confused

It seems she went on a tattoo bender. Good Lord! I'd post some of the pics she sent but most are quite revealing. I have to say that the artwork is amazing and they are really well done in that regard, but...yuck.

I asked her WHY? Why did you do that? Your body was a temple! "Mid-life crisis" was the response. Roll Eyes

Ugh!

I just don't get it.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Tats have never been my thing (or my wife's), but to each his own. They don't bother me at all, but older tats sure start to look funny when the person gets older and the skin sags.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I figure, each his own. But I kicked my roommate out when he couldn't pay his share of the rent, but was sporting another new tat.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
As I approached her she was standing in profile at the clothes rack and I marveled at her beauty. She was just simply stunning in looks and body. A fella couldn't find a better looking gal if he tried. Then...She turned and faced the other way showing me the opposite side of her body, on which was a full arm sleeve tattoo going clear up onto her neck.

I was waiting outside a female garment store for my wife (I waste a lot of time in this activity) passing time watching people come up the escalator. An absolute knockout came up, a tall, real redhead with that nearly transparent skin some have. Built like a swimsuit model. A joy to look at. She couldn't have been more than 18 (?) On her upper arm and toward her neck was a colored tattoo. Of what I don't remember, or particularly care.

It has stuck with me for 20 years as I contemplate the folly of youth----the girl probably could never wear an off the shoulder formal and probably never successfully have it removed.

And now she is about 40.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Hey...no worries. There is always Turlington's Lower Back Tattoo Remover.

Posts: 9036 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ ^
Haaaaaaaaa! Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post