SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Old people with tats.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old people with tats. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
I'm not talking about a pot leaf or a tasteful rose, I'm talking about sleeves and facial stuff. These folks just look ridiculous.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Young people get them without really thinking about the future.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
You want to terminate old folks, or deglove their arm? Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12406 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I got a feeling that in a couple of decades from now, a major source of entertainment in nursing homes will be trying to guess what each others tats used to represent.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
The trick is to stick to Salvador Dalí art. That way when everything sags with age no one can tell the difference.

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
What is ridiculous is old people with new tats.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I believe that's been a thing for as long as man has put art on his/her body...

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Yeah, That's what I meant. The tat fad hasn't really been around long enough to have a bunch of old folks with old tats yet.

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
They're not going to care. This is a generational thing. It's now not exceptional for younger people to have tattoos, and that generation is going to be fully accepting of them as they get older. They also don't care what older generations think.

What will be interesting is what future generations think of tattoos, and if they'll get rejected by them. This may make for another set of intergenerational conflicts down the road.

quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Young people get them without really thinking about the future.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
If you don't like it, then don't look. It's not harming you, and if it's not harming you, then don't judge and the world will be a better place ... Razz

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
they come right off.

Warning foul language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgSBKQueFH4

Posts: 5589 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
The tat fad in general is HILARIOUS.

People getting pictures of shit that has no meaning or bearing pasted all over their bodies.

It used to be that someone with a tat had an interesting story - now its just people blowing cash thinking their body is a wall to be decorated (permanently).

It certainly is a free country - I'm free to look, laugh, and judge - they can do to the same.

Like the guy with the FULL FACE tats, in color. He was 50-60 and looking at him for the first was like being slapped in the face. Looked like a clown, with judgement to match.

Add a couple of 2 inch ear / nose gauges and the lunacy is complete.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
What will be interesting is what future generations think of tattoos, and if they'll get rejected by them. This may make for another set of intergenerational conflicts down the road.

I'm sure the sin wave will reverse and kids will be so sick of tats because their parents had them.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWC:
If you don't like it, then don't look. It's not harming you, and if it's not harming you, then don't judge and the world will be a better place ... Razz

Yup. But if Comic Boy is working retail and I have to deal with him, then what?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
Yeah, That's what I meant. The tat fad hasn't really been around long enough to have a bunch of old folks with old tats yet.

You wanna rethink that?

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Although it’s proving more durable here than I predicted some years ago, mainstream Americans’ getting tattooed is a fad, and someday they will be as much of a cliché about old people as wrinkly skin, white hair, and driving for 30 miles with the turn signal on. At some point there will be an ageism backlash against the fad and young people will stop getting them.

I suspect the reason old people may be getting them for the first time now is to somehow turn back the clock: dye your hair, get Botoxed, get a tattoo, and prepare to start fighting off the youngins’. But except for the fact that new tattoos are sharper and clearer than old tattoos, the old people who get them now are just giving everyone a view of what the future holds.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

Buy what he's selling, or don't and find another shop. If you are at his shop (whether he's owner or employee), then theoretically he has something you want. Is that really the time to be judgmental, if ever? On the flip side, if money is changing hands you expect him to deal the "judgmental dude with money in his pocket," and keep HIS mouth shut right? Wink

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I long ago stopped being concerned about how one looks, as I focus on how one acts or behaves.

Somethings are still "indicators", just like in nature, and serve as a warning or a welcome.

But I am still a human and capable of bias and prejudice when I do not have good reason.

I'll work on that.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
Buy what he's selling, or don't and find another shop. If you are at his shop (whether he's owner or employee), then theoretically he has something you want. Is that really the time to be judgmental, if ever? On the flip side, if money is changing hands you expect him to deal the "judgmental dude with money in his pocket," and keep HIS mouth shut right? Wink

In an ideal world, where everybody was perfect and Kumbaya was the National Anthem, sure.

On my evil planet, if you're THAT far outside the norm, you need to expect some folks to be a little less than accepting.

And frankly, I'm more than a bit tired of this "judgemental" label. EVERYBODY makes judgements every day. It's a survival skill.

It's all good though. Life would be awfully boring if we were all clones of each other.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:

Yes. Seriously, what impact do tattoos have on the product you buy, the service you receive or the price you pay if you're satisfied with the product, service and price?

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post