SIGforum
Nice holiday weekend went down hill

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3660054854

July 01, 2019, 07:29 PM
PakRatJR
Nice holiday weekend went down hill
GRRRRR...

I have a nice five day weekend coming up for the 4th. I had a plan. A nice, easy, relaxing plan....that has just been getting shot to hell within the last several hours.

Started sort of last week with a kit I ordered from over seas getting shipped late. It was supposed to be here on 6-28. Shipped in two separate boxes. ONE was delivered today, FedEx don't know where the other box is.

That was going to be the bulk use of my weekend getting that built and running. So much for that!

Then I get home from work today. Jump on the computer and go to listen to some music....and "folder can't be found"....not that actual wording, but basically that. WTF??

Go to check the folder the "long way around"....can't access the drive!!! WHAT THE FFFFF???

My data drive is not showing up. My data drive shit itself!!
Several years of docs, pics, all my CAD drawings, 3D related stuff, Games...everything,all gone. And I don't have a recent enough backup to restore to.

It's only Monday, I have two more days at work and on to a shot to shit five day weekend. And now I get to decide if I want to spent $500+ to send this drive out for repair.
July 02, 2019, 06:57 AM
sourdough44
I’ll be working the 4th - 6th, so no worries about planning.