SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    We are experiencing longer than normal wait times
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We are experiencing longer than normal wait times Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
So it seems like every time I call a company for anything other than purchasing, they are always backed up to the nuts with call volumes. Even on Wednesday afternoon.

If I want to buy....wow, there is someone there immediately. If I want parts or support, they are soooo busy.

I hate sitting on hold.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Your call is very important to us.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
... But your time is not.

Please continue to hold for the next representative.

Posts: 232 | Location: NC | Registered: May 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
But it's oh so awesome when you receive that message followed immediately by someone picking up.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Six Days on the Road
Picture of vandrv
posted Hide Post
You need to listen to all your options as their menu has changed.

Posts: 759 | Location: The Boulevard of Broken Dreams | Registered: June 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Understandable for me regarding the difference between taking incoming sales versus other kinds of calls.

What I appreciate are the ones that say periodically, "You have 20 minutes to wait."

"You have 12 minutes to wait." and so on.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And my all time favorite:
"If you prefer not to remain on hold, Press 457 now and leave your phone number and a customer service representative will call you back shortly".
Too bad your skeletal remains can no longer accept calls.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Please enter your information, which we will then ask you for again when you do get to talk to someone, then again when we transfer you, and one more time when we finally get around to taking about whatever reason you called.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I'm three for three with the last calls made. All included this message but only gave the option to leave your number and somebody will be returning your call in the order it was received. One returned the call the same day and the other two were returned in a 2-3 day span Mad The only upside was they did all call back...if you'd call it an upside!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vandrv:

Our local pharmacy has this one. It always cracks me up because they only have one option. Big Grin

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I had that same experience for almost ONE HOUR while waiting to talk to a VA nurse to see if I could get in to see my Primary Care Physician as I was experiencing flank pain due to KIDNEY STONES. Gave up on them and went to a civilian off-site immediate/urgent care facility, and was seen in 10 minutes, but by then the stone pain was gone. Mad

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vandrv:

Everyone's menu options seemed to have changed.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
Yeah, I had that same experience for almost ONE HOUR while waiting to talk to a VA nurse to see if I could get in to see my Primary Care Physician as I was experiencing flank pain due to KIDNEY STONES. Gave up on them and went to a civilian off-site immediate/urgent care facility, and was seen in 10 minutes, but by then the stone pain was gone. Mad

So, what you're saying is that the VA fixed your problem! Big Grin

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, what you're saying is that the VA fixed your problem!

===========================================================================================
Yep. We all know how efficient they are. That will become part of the permanent record and statistic that the VA presents to Congress to show how they deeply care about our veterans and how quickly they are taken care of by helpful staff.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
For quality control purposes, this call may be recorded.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
which we will then ask you for again when you do get to talk to someone, then again when we transfer you, and one more time when we finally get around to taking about whatever reason you called.

That is after each person "verified" your address. NO, I have't moved since I spoke with the last person. "I must verify your information or I can not speak with you". But I live at the same address as I did 30 seconds ago!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Press 1 for Urdu
Press 2 for Swahili
Press 3 for Mandarin, etc.
You have to cycle through the selection menu.
English is 9. Smile

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
"Otherwise, press 0 now to leave a voicemail and someone will (never) return your call ..."

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
"Our menu options have changed, please listen to the exact same shit you did earlier before we let you make a fucking choice."

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always press 2 for spanish. You get an operator immediately and they speak english too.

Posts: 327 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post