SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I hate my staple gun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate my staple gun Login/Join 
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Use 10MM staples, not wimpy lesser caliber stuff.

Fewer shots to be effective, deeper penetration, better target-fall-off-stopping power.

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
At times I wonder how I make it through the day. In my mind, I make fun of morons all the time. Then, I do things that remind me, I too am a moron.

It's embarrassing to admit how often I hold up a new target and:
-Ka'chunk-
"Goddammit!"
Because I stapled through the target, cardboard and into my finger.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Why don't you just drill your own witness holes in the staple tray? If you F it up, you wanted to buy a new stapler anyway.

I was going to suggest that too, but I went the silly shooting analogies route. Really only need one torwads the end to show when you get down to 10 Staples or so.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Some people mark the last 5 staples with a Sharpie to indicate low staples. Just sayin'

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1088 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:
At times I wonder how I make it through the day. In my mind, I make fun of morons all the time. Then, I do things that remind me, I too am a moron.

It's embarrassing to admit how often I hold up a new target and:
-Ka'chunk-
"Goddammit!"
Because I stapled through the target, cardboard and into my finger.

I was going to say, "Could be worse", then cite this. I do this maybe once a year early in the season. By next year, the lesson wears off.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
You ever forget which gun is which when the range goes hot?

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sunburn:
Some people mark the last 5 staples with a Sharpie to indicate low staples. Just sayin'

Holy crap. You run with geniuses! Why don’t they go to work for the staple company and have them dye the staples on one end. I would buy them.

But then I would forget about seeing colored staples by the time I got back to the bench for boom time...

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Better design

LINK

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
How about making every 5th staple a tracer?

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
42 years! that's how long I have had and have been using my stapler I inherited from my Grandfather. And yes, I carry extra staples between my teeth when putting up the Christmas lights.

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1376 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:

Damn it Jim! Sunburn stole my idea.
This is what I learned to do. I use a yellow or red sharpie instead of black so it's easier to see.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Better design

LINK

Yes!!

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
First trip down range, drop a strip of staples. Pick them up when needed or on last trip down range. Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:

Genius right there I tell ya...I'm gonna give that a try!

Posts: 8568 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post