SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dagnabit! Messed Up My Knee
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dagnabit! Messed Up My Knee Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted
Working on the Garage Remediation Project, stepped off the ladder wrongly, somehow, and tweaked my right knee.

Was working on Phase 2: Torque the walls and roof back into position. Was about two thirds of the way getting all the cables, etc. into place. So: Rubbed in some Prossage, took a couple ibuprofen and got back to it. I knew I'd pay for it, but it had to be done, and done it got.

Now I'm out of commission for a while, unless the knee brace I've got on the way gets me back in the game. I can walk around a bit, if I move slowly and avoid straightening my right leg under load.

This morning I had to make a slight adjustment to what I did yesterday. Again: Had to be done. But I didn't do my knee any favours in the process.

Damnit, I got things to do!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Working on the Garage Remediation Project, stepped off the ladder wrongly, somehow, and tweaked my right knee.

Was working on Phase 2: Torque the walls and roof back into position. Was about two thirds of the way getting all the cables, etc. into place. So: Rubbed in some Prossage, took a couple ibuprofen and got back to it. I knew I'd pay for it, but it had to be done, and done it got.

Now I'm out of commission for a while, unless the knee brace I've got on the way gets me back in the game. I can walk around a bit, if I move slowly and avoid straightening my right leg under load.

This morning I had to make a slight adjustment to what I did yesterday. Again: Had to be done. But I didn't do my knee any favours in the process.

Damnit, I got things to do!

Sorry to hear this. I don't need to tell you that there is no good time for shit like this to happen. Been there, done that too many times to count.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I feel ya. Something wrong with my right knee, working on the crawler has REALLY aggravated it.

Then, like a dumbass, I got lazy and tried to move a heavy object by hooking my right heel over it and scooting it across the floor...thereby pulling my right hamstring enough to make my eyes water.

Fortunately, I have some horse-sized Ibu's left from the prescription Doc gave me for my bursitis.

Getting old is not for wimps.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about your knee. I hope the brace gets you mobile quickly.

What us this about torquing the walls and roof? Cables?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I feel ya. Something wrong with my right knee, working on the crawler has REALLY aggravated it.

My right knee has occasionally been giving my trouble for years. It tweaked a few days ago. Gave it a vigorous massage in-place, carried on and it was good. Not this time.

I suspect, going forward, that if I expect to put much strain on it I'll have to don a knee brace in advance.

quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Getting old is not for wimps.

Nope.

quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
What us this about torquing the walls and roof? Cables?

Construction Experts: I Believe Our Garage Is In Distress (somewhat photo-heavy)

Update in last post this morning.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
I can feel your pain. A few years ago, unloading hay bales from an 18 wheeler trailer, I figured the best way down was to jump. Half way down I though, what have I done. Jammed the knee badly. Weeks in the recliner and using a cane.
Just before Christmas, unloading the pickup, and not to being confused by past experiences, I jumped down again. Knee still hurts.
Getting old sucks. Some of the unthinking things we did while young are no longer possible in our brittle old age.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean, JWF. We sometimes forget we're not as "springy" as we once were

Amazon delivery came through for me this time and delivered my new knee brace a bit after noon. It's doing what I'd hoped it would: Allowing me some mobility. So I was able to accomplish a little adjustment to The Project.

posted Hide Post
You may want to check with your doc... I got a custom fitted brace that allowed me to golf without much pain. They are pricey FYI but can be used for any other future incidents on the SAME knee. Good luck with the healing.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post