SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Well, that was unpleasant!!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, that was unpleasant!!! Login/Join 
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted
Wive and I caught some non-influenza bug on the MS Gulf Coast last week. She's had it worse than me.

This AM around 0200, she got up to go to the bathroom and woke me up saying she was dizzy.

I got her to the throne and seated and went to get a container as N&V usually follows with "Dizzy".

Got back and she had fainted on the throne. Was leaning against the wall and tank and had broken both tank bolts Water was draining rapidly.

Got her to the floor, woke her up and told her to stay put. Dealt with the leaking (I thought) and got her back to bed.

She's better this AM, but I failed at dealing with the leaking. Fully 1/5 of the bedroom carpet is soaked from the leak I didn't get stopped.

Sucks in more ways than one. At least the carpet will be clean.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a guess, she sounds pretty damned sick. I'd get her to the ER now.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That is a bad deal. Especially if you are sick as well.

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Hate to hear that both of you are sick at the same time. And your wife being really bad.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Man, that really sucks! What kind of carpet was it?

Big Grin

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear, Hope everybody is feeling better

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
That really sucks. My wife has fainted a few times for one reason or another over the years...but never on the throne. Eek

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Hope you're both feeling better, that sounds terrible. Eek

Posts: 1800 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hope your wife recovers and the carpet dries.

PC

Posts: 1336 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
water supply turned off? Shop wet vac sucking up the water? Fans to help air movement?

I didn't ask about your bride 1st, cuz other folks brought up that concern, especially the ER trip.

My wife is going on 3 weeks with the Avian strain. Worst Dec & new year ever. Best of luck to you both!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
sick enough to break the toilet IS unpleasant. I hope you both get well quickly.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
Man, that really sucks! What kind of carpet was it?

Big Grin

Damn slabsides thats COLD... Eek

and funny as hell. Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
water supply turned off? Shop wet vac sucking up the water? Fans to help air movement?

I didn't ask about your bride 1st, cuz other folks brought up that concern, especially the ER trip.

My wife is going on 3 weeks with the Avian strain. Worst Dec & new year ever. Best of luck to you both!

Yep, all that. She's better and the carpet is almost dry.

Hope your wife is better as well.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you, my wife has kicked her fever & can sleep. She's coming around. thanks again.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad that both of you are getting better. toilets can be fix.

My wife has done the same thing, more that once, but I never had a pressure leak, "knock on wood"

Posts: 474 | Location: Minnesota  | Registered: June 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post