SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    LIVING IN A RESTRICTED STATE
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LIVING IN A RESTRICTED STATE Login/Join 
Picture of lcbjr77
posted
Hello, I've had my permit since 2003, been a member on this board since I've had my permit. One thing that's been driving me mad is looking at ads in Classifieds here, on other forums, Gunbroker and not being to buy said gun because I live in Connecticut.

I am an idiot and sold a lot of my guns before the ban and now I'm stuck with the 10 round magazine limit... Let's say I still had my Sig P228 from way back I could register the hi cap mags and if I'm carrying just pop 10 in the magazine. Since that gun is long gone if I wanted to buy a new one I'd have to specifically look for somebody selling on with 10 round mags(which sometimes I see priced higher that it's high cap counterpart) or see if somebody is willing to sell without the high cap mags and I can go buy them elsewhere.

I miss being on the forum in the classifieds section and if I wish buy almost anything that's posted for sale... Does anybody else feel my pain???

Larry

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain, brother.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You see where I live...

There's companies that refuse to sell/ship ANYTHING to Il, Cook County or Chicago.

A few more years, and Im outta here. On to a free state!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Pfff, amateur Smile

Unless you're worse off than here, I bet at least you can buy things like Gen 4 Glocks, VP9's, etc. You can order ammo online. You can have a stock AR. If you can do all these things, you're the envy of millions of people Smile

If you're as bade as this or worse, I feel your pain.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Rule #1--never sell a gun...

Q--how can you feel the pain? Most impressive collection of 228's.

Larry-- where in CT?

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
I didn't want to start this thread to say who's got it worse, me or you... I was just stating the changes I've seen since 2003... I live in Burlington, CT

Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I regret every gun I sold, even those I didn't like much, such as the Browning 380 that was the first pistol I purchased. The second one I bought also went away, a Smith Model 28 Highway Patrol. Stupid!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. I am in CT too, so am dealing with the same idiocy.

Sad for all the things I can’t buy anymore, including new semi-auto rifles, magazines > 10 rounds, and all for nothing. GDCs.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Q--how can you feel the pain? Most impressive collection of 228's.

It's called empathy. Just because I don't personally experience it does not mean I don't feel for you guys. Wink

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I escaped shortly after that shit went down. good luck!

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Ditto for me.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Utterly infuriated in Californistan.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Oh I feel ya, every Californian does. I'm just glad I was able to get a SCAR in late last year. Wish I could get a new Glock though.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
I escaped Jersey.

I know your pain well.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by konata88:
Pfff, amateur Smile

Unless you're worse off than here, I bet at least you can buy things like Gen 4 Glocks, VP9's, etc.
--------------------------------------------
You can buy them here...You just have to pay $1,000 plus for them.

Ask me how i know Red Face

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3456 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could maybe live with a 10rd limit like CT (although I would never want to).... while I don't agree with it and I'm definitely not a fan AT ALL... at least you're not in California.... just remember it could always be worse but I do feel your pain even though we don't experience it here in the land of the free.

Think of all the SKUs in the Sig product list... probably thousands.... there's like 20 on the California roster....

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcs1564
posted Hide Post
I suppose I've just gotten used to it.

I've lucked out in that most sellers have changed their mind when I've reached out and explained what's legal.

The biggest gripe I actually have is with Sig. I've missed out on a number of sales due to their policy - they won't sell any mags or conversion kits to CT residents. I've spoke to CS multiple times about this and the reps don't understand it either.

I look forward to the day we pull chocks and get out of here...

------------
SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of drew3630
posted Hide Post
I feel for you brother. I live in the people's republic of cali. This is a state where we give illegals a driver's license but make it extremely difficult if not impossible for the average person to get a CCW

Posts: 244 | Location: Northern California | Registered: June 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
I feel in CT the laws are fair when it comes to conceal carry, where it's legal and not legal to carry...to me its all common sense.

Limiting the magazine capacity to 10 was my major concern... Also I real didn't plan on owning a semi auto long gun but was considering it about a year ago and found out all the AR's I had my eye on were illegal... If anybody out there from CT has info regarding this can we still buy a pre ban? or a model in 22 cal?

Thanks

Walther PPS M2

posted Hide Post
Yes, you can in fact still buy a preban. It just sucks having to pay so much for one. Your probably at least $750 for a complete lower.

Posts: 219 | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post