SIGforum
LIVING IN A RESTRICTED STATE

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3640016234

November 02, 2017, 03:26 PM
lcbjr77
LIVING IN A RESTRICTED STATE
Hello, I've had my permit since 2003, been a member on this board since I've had my permit. One thing that's been driving me mad is looking at ads in Classifieds here, on other forums, Gunbroker and not being to buy said gun because I live in Connecticut.

I am an idiot and sold a lot of my guns before the ban and now I'm stuck with the 10 round magazine limit... Let's say I still had my Sig P228 from way back I could register the hi cap mags and if I'm carrying just pop 10 in the magazine. Since that gun is long gone if I wanted to buy a new one I'd have to specifically look for somebody selling on with 10 round mags(which sometimes I see priced higher that it's high cap counterpart) or see if somebody is willing to sell without the high cap mags and I can go buy them elsewhere.

I miss being on the forum in the classifieds section and if I wish buy almost anything that's posted for sale... Does anybody else feel my pain???

Larry

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

November 02, 2017, 03:46 PM
I feel your pain, brother.

Q

November 02, 2017, 04:19 PM
CPD SIG
You see where I live...

There's companies that refuse to sell/ship ANYTHING to Il, Cook County or Chicago.

A few more years, and Im outta here. On to a free state!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy
November 02, 2017, 04:27 PM
konata88
Pfff, amateur Smile

Unless you're worse off than here, I bet at least you can buy things like Gen 4 Glocks, VP9's, etc. You can order ammo online. You can have a stock AR. If you can do all these things, you're the envy of millions of people Smile

If you're as bade as this or worse, I feel your pain.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
November 02, 2017, 04:48 PM
SIGfourme
Rule #1--never sell a gun...

Q--how can you feel the pain? Most impressive collection of 228's.

Larry-- where in CT?
November 02, 2017, 05:17 PM
lcbjr77
I didn't want to start this thread to say who's got it worse, me or you... I was just stating the changes I've seen since 2003... I live in Burlington, CT

Walther PPS M2

November 02, 2017, 07:18 PM
newtoSig765
I regret every gun I sold, even those I didn't like much, such as the Browning 380 that was the first pistol I purchased. The second one I bought also went away, a Smith Model 28 Highway Patrol. Stupid!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18
November 02, 2017, 08:50 PM
feersum dreadnaught
I feel your pain. I am in CT too, so am dealing with the same idiocy.

Sad for all the things I can’t buy anymore, including new semi-auto rifles, magazines > 10 rounds, and all for nothing. GDCs.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"
November 02, 2017, 10:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
Q--how can you feel the pain? Most impressive collection of 228's.

It's called empathy. Just because I don't personally experience it does not mean I don't feel for you guys. Wink

Q

November 02, 2017, 10:28 PM
FenderBender
I escaped shortly after that shit went down. good luck!
November 02, 2017, 11:38 PM
msfzoe
Ditto for me.
November 03, 2017, 12:09 AM
sjtill
Utterly infuriated in Californistan.

November 03, 2017, 06:52 AM
Chach
Oh I feel ya, every Californian does. I'm just glad I was able to get a SCAR in late last year. Wish I could get a new Glock though.

November 03, 2017, 10:37 AM
GregY
I escaped Jersey.

I know your pain well.
November 03, 2017, 03:50 PM
PR64
[QUOTE]Originally posted by konata88:
Pfff, amateur Smile

Unless you're worse off than here, I bet at least you can buy things like Gen 4 Glocks, VP9's, etc.
--------------------------------------------
You can buy them here...You just have to pay $1,000 plus for them.

Ask me how i know Red Face

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat
November 03, 2017, 08:57 PM
Kskelton
I could maybe live with a 10rd limit like CT (although I would never want to).... while I don't agree with it and I'm definitely not a fan AT ALL... at least you're not in California.... just remember it could always be worse but I do feel your pain even though we don't experience it here in the land of the free.

Think of all the SKUs in the Sig product list... probably thousands.... there's like 20 on the California roster....

www.OneStopFirearms.com
November 03, 2017, 09:45 PM
mcs1564
I suppose I've just gotten used to it.

I've lucked out in that most sellers have changed their mind when I've reached out and explained what's legal.

The biggest gripe I actually have is with Sig. I've missed out on a number of sales due to their policy - they won't sell any mags or conversion kits to CT residents. I've spoke to CS multiple times about this and the reps don't understand it either.

I look forward to the day we pull chocks and get out of here...

------------
SP2022 - 9mm
November 03, 2017, 09:56 PM
drew3630
I feel for you brother. I live in the people's republic of cali. This is a state where we give illegals a driver's license but make it extremely difficult if not impossible for the average person to get a CCW
November 04, 2017, 08:19 AM
lcbjr77
I feel in CT the laws are fair when it comes to conceal carry, where it's legal and not legal to carry...to me its all common sense.

Limiting the magazine capacity to 10 was my major concern... Also I real didn't plan on owning a semi auto long gun but was considering it about a year ago and found out all the AR's I had my eye on were illegal... If anybody out there from CT has info regarding this can we still buy a pre ban? or a model in 22 cal?

Thanks

Walther PPS M2

November 04, 2017, 12:42 PM
marc308
Yes, you can in fact still buy a preban. It just sucks having to pay so much for one. Your probably at least $750 for a complete lower.