SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I was all set to wrassle that thing into submission
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was all set to wrassle that thing into submission Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
and it fooled me and came right off!

Taking my big (5') tractor mounted snowblower apart to do a little corrosion control. Got everything I really needed to take off done. I hadn't pissed myself off in a few days so I decided to see if I could get the impeller off so I could sand and paint the blower housing.

Usually, they're corroded in place and won't come off without Herculean effort. I pulled up my jeans, tightened my belt, reviewed my vocabulary and went to work. It's held onto the shaft with a bolt through the nose, bolt came right out. Grabbed the impeller and wiggled just for shits and grins and damned if it didn't move!

In fact, 30 seconds of wiggling and pulling and it came right off.

I've worked on crap like that pretty much all my life. I don't think I've EVER been more surprised.

I think I'll go buy a Powerball ticket...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So o o o o , Whats your deal again ?

"I think I'll go buy a Powerball ticket..."

Power Ball is at $193 mil
Mega Millions is at $303 mil.

either way you could get Ice Creme for all the tenners here

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
So o o o o , Whats your deal again ?

Life didn't work out the way he expected, we wasted the anticipation of getting a really good mad on, and the stupid machine got the best of him by not doing what it was supposed to!

Big Grin

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
:-)

Yeah !

Your not allowed to post in this page if everything went right...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:

Yeah !

Your not allowed to post in this page bitch if everything went right...

FIFA Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
Life didn't work out the way he expected, we wasted the anticipation of getting a really good mad on, and the stupid machine got the best of him by not doing what it was supposed to!

Big Grin

Perzackly.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look on the bright side, maybe reassembly will turn into a complete clusterfuck so you dont have to waste all the good swear words you have chambered

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
Look on the bright side, maybe reassembly will turn into a complete clusterfuck so you dont have to waste all the good swear words you have chambered

Entirely possible.

I ordered a new sprocket for the auger drive. The blower is a Pronovost, which is made in Canada, so the part was ordered from a Maine dealer but is coming from Canada.

They won't know the final price until they get it shipped in to them. Between Canadian postage and border duties/tariffs (it's a steel sprocket) their best guess was $65 to $75, plus another $20 for them to UPS it to me. (Nearest dealer is 100+ miles away...)

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
You'll be fine. That part won't fit when it gets here.

After the first 30" snowfall...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:

This. I'd wear gloves during reassembly. I see scraped knuckles in your future. This is how it always works for me. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
You'll be fine. That part won't fit when it gets here.

After the first 30" snowfall...

You've seen me work before, haven't you. Big Grin

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

This. I'd wear gloves during reassembly. I see scraped knuckles in your future. This is how it always works for me. Eek

Jim

Very true. And with the various meds I'm on, a simple scratch bleeds like I've been beat with the sharp end of an axe...

posted Hide Post
Your part will be delivered very timely.... in July 2019. Perfect for mud/snow melt season.
Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may have missed out on a snowblower disassembly goatfuck, but no problem... my snowblower doubled down to take up the slack.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

I've worked on crap like that pretty much all my life. I don't think I've EVER been more surprised.

Odds of it coming apart like this again without any wholesale quantities of swear words & enough blood loss to make the Red Cross jealous? Powerball should be a done deal.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

And put on a helmet. You know the hammer has to fall sometime to even things up. But in the meantime, ride the wave!!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Don't worry the engine on your tractor is fixin' to throw a rod.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:

Yeah !

Your not allowed to post in this page if everything went right...

That is super-funny.

Posts: 107 | Registered: May 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That always seems to be the way it works.

I went out to change the oil in my compact utility Diesel tractor....I could not believe how big a problem that was.

It took a whole lot longer than it should have.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post