SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who talk too much
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People who talk too much Login/Join 
posted
Dude, we know you’ve been everywhere and done everything. Shut up and let others talk!

I’m in a coffee club with retired guys from church, we meet once a week. There’s one guy who can get annoying. Often. He’s done a lot and knows a lot but doesn’t understand that some of us don’t always want to hear it.

Example: One of the guys just got back from a Panama Canal cruise. He’s describing the locks when Mr. Big Mouth interrupts with an extended version of HIS trip from 40 years ago. ENOUGH ALREADY!

He’s a strong conservative and a gun guy, but when it comes to group chats he’s totally tone deaf.

Talk less, listen more!!

Older members may recall the 1960 words of Joe Jones:

You talk too much
You worry me to death
You talk too much
You even worry my pet

You just taaaaaaalk
Talk too much

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I go out to eat I always sit next to that person. Usually a woman for whatever reason.

Posts: 3906 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sigmund,

I'm that guy who looks the diarrhea mouth right in the eye and says "You mind if Joe finishes what he was talking about?"

If that doesn't work it's a curt "Shut the fuck up! You rudely interrupted Joe!"

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16183 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Just say, “Shut the fuck up”.
Then be done with it

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, the ROMEO Club.

You know, Retired Old Men Eating Out.

Pardon my slight thread drift...

I’m not quite retired yet, but my complaint is the old farts that bitch about tipping. They want to sit there for hours and run the poor waitress ragged running back and forth for coffee and water refills and then try to sneak out without a tip at all or just one measley dollar tip, all the while bitching about being on a fixed income and things cost too much.

I’ve learned who to meet up with and who not too. I’ve had several jerks look at me and say oh gee, I forgot my wallet, can you cover me? Their amnesia immediately sets in after I’ve dropped the cash to the waitress who has busted her ass.

Tip your waitress appropriately, don’t be a cheap bastard.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Tip your waitress appropriately, don’t be a cheap bastard.

That was my grandmother. "I have always tipped a quarter, and I will always tip a quarter."

Roll Eyes

Okay, Grandma... You seem to be forgetting about a little thing called inflation. While that quarter was a 100% tip on your lunch back in 1949, that's like a 2% tip now, and an insult to your waitress.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Who didn't throw in?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Worked with a guy about 20 years ago who had diarrhea of the mouth. Didn’t matter what you had or what you had done he either had more of it or had done more. Guy had serious short man’s syndrome. If he was talking about something he had it was always “rare” and he would finish his sentence with, “you ever seen one of those?” He was generally disliked to put it mildly.

He comes in one day at lunch and was talking about a rifle that he had that was so rare they only made one and if we’d ever “seen one of those.” I was in one of my moods that day and was tired of his bs so I quickly blurted out, “I’ve got a 24 inch pecker. You ever seen one of those?!” The entire lunch table laughed so hard at this guy his face turned red. He never graced us with his bs again and wouldn’t even look at me after that.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Shoot. All the females in my family are like that. 40 years ago, when I married into this group, I wondered why the men were all outside on the porch and the women were all in the kitchen. I don't wonder about that anymore.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I know a guy like that. He's really impressed with himself and so he has to let everybody know it. If you shook hands with the Prince of Persia, he'd tell you about playing golf with the King of Siam.

I don't even think he knows he's playing "one-upmanship." I think he's so insecure in his own skin that he has to validate his life against everybody else's.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Who doesn't know people like this? Big Grin

I think it's worse if you're in the military with the one upsmanship stories.

We have a lady in our reserve unit who is like that. Everyone either avoids her or doesn't speak when she's around.

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Shoot. All the females in my family are like that. 40 years ago, when I married into this group, I wondered why the men were all outside on the porch and the women were all in the kitchen. I don't wonder about that anymore.

sounds like my Mother in Law,

absolutely lovely lady, but her mouth starts when she wakes and does not stop until she goes to sleep,

even talks thru meals,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Those same people probably 'talk' a lot on internet forums as well. There's perfect examples on this forum. Maybe they're lonesome, more than likely they just like to hear themselves talk.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I know a guy like that. He's really impressed with himself and so he has to let everybody know it. If you shook hands with the Prince of Persia, he'd tell you about playing golf with the King of Siam.

I don't even think he knows he's playing "one-upmanship." I think he's so insecure in his own skin that he has to validate his life against everybody else's.

Known as a 'Billy (or Milly) Two-shits' If you had a crap before coming to work, he'd (or she'd) have two - just to stay in front.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Practically every time we go out to eat there's that one person who never stops talking and they are always loud and of course there's always the person who turns a 5 minute story into an hour long epic. The whole talking thing drives me nuts. I've only met a handful of people in my 52 years that will listen and have a considerate back and forth conversation. Most people only want to talk about themselves, they could care less about anything anyone else says.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

Known as a 'Billy (or Milly) Two-shits' If you had a crap before coming to work, he'd (or she'd) have two - just to stay in front.

And both were bigger and smellier than yours.

I used to know a guy who was a WAY bigger one-upper than any of yours... Wink

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Those same people probably 'talk' a lot on internet forums as well. There's perfect examples on this forum. Maybe they're lonesome, more than likely they just like to hear themselves talk.

I wonder if they're also like that in person.

We have had a thread of who members would like to meet in person. We should also have a thread of members who we absolutely would not like to meet in person. Big Grin

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A nice loud, smelly wet load should end most blabbering.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what you are talking about, ( said the guy that has 49,000 post's)

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

I had a Facebook friend who was like that. He would post a political article, then proceed to REPLY TO HIMSELF like 30-40 times, and no one else would.

He was weird and I didn't get a good vibe from him meeting him in person at a debate watch party, then he started berating other FB "friends" of his and that was enough for me.

Unfriended and blocked. I don't have time for unstable people, nope.

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post