SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Subway mentality
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subway mentality Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Just go to Jimmy Johns!

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I am just fine with my sandwiches or burritos being made how I want them. It can be a pain in the ass, however, if I get several people in front of me with fussy orders.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I am just fine with my sandwiches or burritos being made how I want them. It can be a pain in the ass, however, if I get several people in front of me with fussy orders.

It is the fussy orders at McDonalds that piss me off.

I want - Uhhhhh. Uhhhhh. Uhhhhh. (Every McD's in the country has the same menu, and you have ordered dozens of times in the last three months. Get on with it.)

Uhhhhh, okay, I want a Big Mac. But leave out the middle bread. And no pickles. Extra guava.

We don't have guava.

Wha? No guava? I had guava last time.

No guava.

Okay, then - uhhhhh - extra sauce.

Anything else, sir.

No. Well, a coke.

Is that all?

Can you take the sesame seeds off the bun?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
Is is just me or does anybody else dislike the way Subway sandwich shops work?

I don't want to have to stand in a line and explain to someone how to make my sandwich. they should know how to do it. I'm not picky and don't have allergies or a specific 'condition' I like good old Italian subs or a club .... I've mentioned to the manager of a Subway more than once they need one item on their menu called... "leave it to us" and you just say that one and they make it for you, no questions asked.

The reason I'm 'ranting' about this is we have a local resterant here in my town that does a booming business selling Greek and Mid-eastern food... they make it fast and sell it pretty cheap... now in a new shopping center near me is a new semi-local chain that has opened up and sells pretty much the same thing... my wife wants to go try it out... so we walk in... guess what? You have to stand at the counter and walk down with the employee on the other side and tell them what you want on your plate..... food was good but I don't want to have to do this.... given me a #3 is all I want to have to say....

Wait? Am I confused? Before I flame you I want to make sure I'm not confused.

Did you really just say that the sandwich jockey's shoult "just know" how you like it insead of you standing in line and actually ordering what you want???

If so, that's the goddamn dumbest thing I've read here in a long time.

If I've missed something, then I apologize and please correct me.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't want to have to stand in a line and explain to someone how to make my sandwich. they should know how to do it. I'm not picky and don't have allergies or a specific 'condition'

Yes... it is this line that seems absurd to me... Am i on my own on this one?

The OP needs a fucking Genie to make his sandwich?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
quote:
I don't want to have to stand in a line and explain to someone how to make my sandwich. they should know how to do it. I'm not picky and don't have allergies or a specific 'condition'

I wouldn't mind a Gennie to make me a sammy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
quote:

I wouldn't say they should know how to make "my" sandwich - BUT - I SHOULD be able to go to a store and say "I want an italian sub" or "I want a beef burrito" and not have to explain how to make it. Like at Firehouse, or (god forbid) Taco Bell, or Arbys or McDonalds. I just ask for the sandwich by name or by number and they make it without asking me 20 questions.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I agree with the original poster... it's a cheap sandwich shop... they should know how to make it, if you want different then tell them but standing in line having to explain everything is just not my way. Now many mom and pop sandwich shops delis have gone this way... when I order an Italian sub and they start asking how I want it my response is "you don't know how to make an Italian Sub?" I've suggested to more than one Subway manager that they need two items on the menu.... both you just say that's want you want and they don't ask anymore questions...
And as for fast food burger places... I had a guy who worked for me that always had to order his hamburger special... and over half the time they got it wrong... he'd order it... two bottom buns katsoup only and then when he got it he'd have to examine the damn thing and cut it open to make sure there was no pink inside the paddy and then usually send it back... ruined many a meal for me.... but then hell.. who am I... I eat raw beef on occasion.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I know what I want and it doesn't take much effort to say it. If speaking is such an effort for you I suggest you just don't go to Subway.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's what grinds my ass. I go to Subway and tell them I want a blah, blah, blah on a certain kind of bread. They then say do you want it toasted. "No." Then as they start with the veggies they ask "What would you like on it?"
I answer "Everything." Next comes "do you want spinach, olives and jalapenos?". Now what part of "everything" do they not understand? Isn't spinach, olives and jalapenos a sub set of "everything"? It never fails. My wife tells me to not get upset because some folks don't want spinach, olives and jalapenos. right! then why would they say "everything?" It just gives me the red ass.

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
It is the fussy orders at McDonalds that piss me off.

I want - Uhhhhh. Uhhhhh. Uhhhhh. (Every McD's in the country has the same menu, and you have ordered dozens of times in the last three months. Get on with it.)

Sounds like my wife.

"I want McDonalds." We get to the drive thru and I ask her what she wants. She says she has to look at the menu... Roll Eyes

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gutpile Charlie:
then why would they say "everything?"

Because people are stupid, that's why. They say everything and when the worker proceeds to literally put everything on (veggies & condiments), the person ordering goes, "oh, I meant no cucumbers" like the sandwich maker can read minds.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want McDonalds." We get to the drive thru and I ask her what she wants. She says she has to look at the menu... Roll Eyes

Our wife is a bigamist!

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post