SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Well, I’ve never seen this in court before.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, I’ve never seen this in court before. Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
I’m sitting in court recently when a defendant, standing at the lectern, starts getting agitated with the prosecutor. All of sudden, he bends down and grabs his leg, pulls it off, and starts waiving it at the prosecutor while yelling at her.

I personally didn’t think the fine was going to cost him an arm and a...nevermind.

Posts: 12461 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
He must have been upset that when it came to his defense, he didn't have a leg to stand on.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
I suppose you could say he was "hoppin' mad!"

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Did the judge just cut him off at the knees?

I guess he thought he had a leg up on the prosecutor.

I really shouldn't make fun, though. After all, if the shoe was on the other foot....

(Ok, ok, sorry. I'm done now, really! I'm really running away with this thread now...)

-ShneaSIG

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I wonder why he did that?

I'm stumped...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I wonder why he did that?

I'm stumped...

He's got only himself to blame. He only did half the legwork to be ready for court.

-ShneaSIG

Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
You guys are very very bad people... Wink

The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
He should have used that distraction to leg it out of there.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Must have been worried that a conviction would result in him getting fired from IHOP.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Things were taking too long, he wanted the prosecutor to shake a leg

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Must have been worried that a conviction would result in him getting fired from IHOP.

Well, he could always claim he identifies as female and change his name to Eileen.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
All of sudden, he bends down and grabs his leg, pulls it off, and starts waiving it at the prosecutor while yelling at her.

Was the guys name Ahab and was he going on about a whale?

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Just demonstrating that an ankle monitor won't mean crap!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16196 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
"I guess the foot's on the other hand now.........."

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His response was legendary.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, he could always claim he identifies as female and change his name to Eileen.

Unless he's turning Japanese...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lotsa fun up there in AF Roger!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
Lotsa fun up there in AF Roger!

Hehehe. If you only knew...oh wait, you do. Big Grin

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
quote:

Unless he's turning Japanese...

Snerk.... Big Grin