SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Rude Cracker Barrel employees
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rude Cracker Barrel employees Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted
Maybe its just the ones at the restaurant my wife favors. I'd had enough today. When the mentally challenged host didn't listen to what I wanted, I pulled my normal stunt and stopped in my tracks. I didn't want a table out in left field. He said this is center field, but went ahead and found my wife a table out by the front window. Then he said left field was the next section over. He's an idiot and next time I'm not leaving the station up front.

Then I already had an attitude, but the chatty waitress rambled on about her dog. I didn't care but I held my silence. A little while later she waddled up and interrupted me to ask if I wanted another coke. I was primed so I just continued with my sentence. She got the idea and left. Doesn't anyone explain they should hold their important stuff until the customer has finished? Didn't matter, I didn't want another coke anyway.

So I take my check to the pay station up front. But there its a no-go. 2 girls at registers, but not really manning them. They were talking to one another. The customer behind me took the other one, and I began my wait at chatter #1. She had no intention of taking my check, she wanted to talk to cashier #1. Too much for my nervous system. When she started talking to the girl still processing the guy from behind me. I very rudely said "HEY", do your job and take my money. She looked shocked, like no one had ever told her to do her job.

So now my patience with Cracker Barrel employees is at rock bottom. They may or may not be worth $15 per hour, but by gawd they'll hear about it from me.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just start pushing buttons on the register. That always gets their attention. When questioned tell them that you thought it must be self checkout since no one assisted you.

Posts: 362 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
That one sure has some problems, but other than some roast beef that was tougher than a military boot once, I haven't had any bad experiences with CB.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
My granddaughter loves Cracker Barrel. We used to have dinner at one near their old house, before they moved, and now we sometimes go to one near their new house. The wait staff has been good to terrific at both. In fact, I put a $30 tip on the table at one because our waitress was so pleasant, effective and attentive!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next week, there'll probably be a thread by a waiter about grumpy customers, who are having a bad day and take it out on the staff. They grumble about not wanting a table in "left field" and get pissy, when you offer to refill their drink. I'm looking forward to it. Smile

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
Next week, there'll probably be a thread by a waiter about grumpy customers, who are having a bad day and take it out on the staff. They grumble about not wanting a table in "left field" and get pissy, when you offer to refill their drink. I'm looking forward to it. Smile

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I would have offered the OP a shot of jack to take the edge off.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
To cashier #2: "Excuse me, do you work here?"

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Family doesn't allow me in them after I walked into the kitchen after a 20 minute wait for not so much as a cup of water, coffee or any sign of wait staff in a half-full store. Halfway to hot top manager asked if he could help me, my answer was "Sure, tell me where the eggs are so I can feed my kids!" He offered to take care of us, and of course even he failed miserably at that.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12349 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
we stop at them when traveling sometimes because we know what we will be getting,

as in they are consistent all over,

food is OK, but most of it seems to be frozen dinners,,, or taste like it,

we generally stick with breakfast foods, other than the sausage jello they call gravy,, it's not bad

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cracker Barrel employees is at rock bottom

You can rant about the company and you would be right except it is not the employees that need your wrath - it is the management.
It is their responsibility and with any employee anything can happen and the manager, supervisor or leader is the button to push.
It your request falls on deaf ears then go up the ladder until someone listens.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by smschulz:
[QUOTE] Cracker Barrel employees is at rock bottom [/QUOTE

Nope, it's Culvers! No wait, it's.........?

Fact is, it could be most chain restaurants.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I get excellent, no, make that outstanding, service at the local Cracker Barrel.

Martin-who-works-with-me, and who is a member on this forum even though he never posts, has a daughter who is a long-time Cracker Barrel employee. She used to be a store manager but she stepped down from that position because of working hours.

Now, whenever I go to the Cracker Barrel, I ask to be seated at one of her tables. I couldn't ask for better service!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been patronizing CBs for years. We have two fairly close to our house we go to from time to time.

Anytime we are on the road, we look for a CB for breakfast or lunch since the employees are always so polite and the food is almost always the same from one restaurant to another.

For a period of time, the CB north of us had some minor problems-I think it was the kitchen supervision. Eggs were too done, even if ordered soft or over easy and some of the breakfast items were overcooked. I believe those problems are long since resolved now.

As to employees, we've never had a rude one or one who made us wait while they took care of something personal.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
That is why you need to go back to Main Street Cafe in Newtown. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Been going to the local CB for several years. Never had a problem of any kind.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Manager is the place to start .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
The Manager is the place to start .

AND corporate.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I went into a Cracker Barrel yesterday to get a cup of coffee while my truck liner was being applied. Leaving, the character at the cash register almost sang every word and added 'friend' at the end of every sentence.

He wasn't rude, but you'd think he was trying out for a Broadway musical.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Wife and I had our dinner last night at our local CB it didn't start out so good for me, I was browsing through the store items when an employee came up to me and started a sales pitch about what was on sale I listened and say thank you and go on about my looking. Then I pick up an item to get a closer look and check price and put it back on shelf when the same employee comes up to me an asked why I put it back. I informed her that I was just looking and then noticed she was following me around. I then notice my wife and she was going through the same thing with another employee. We felt like we were at a car dealership. Sure glad our meal was ok cause the service even with her four stars was not very good and cashier was not much better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SSgt USMC/Vet,

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You spin the giant wheel of chance every time you go out to eat these days.

I wait until after three visits before I Yelp , anymore.

Breakfast might be very consistent and pleasurable, all week
,but then you try the same place for lunch and
you may have to bring a bull horn in to get your waitress .

but supper is fine just fine, again.

We found a dozen place's up in the big city that we like , BUT you have to know when to go where.

more often than not, the smaller places are much , much more consistent

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post