SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    MidwayUSA...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MidwayUSA... Login/Join 
posted
Damn, I should have read the bad reviews about MidwayUSA, BEFORE I placed an order and a few hours later tried to cancel it.

Early Saturday morning I placed a $175 order thru their website, but a couple of hours later cancelled it and sent an email to customer service. Got a confirmation email from CS telling me the order was deleted.

Yesterday, I was informed that my CC was charged the amount. A few hours later I was informed the shipment was in progress.

I'll refuse the shipment and let the Credit Card people (Credit Union) handle the charge back.

BTW, MidwayUSA charges a 20% restocking fee.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
What bad reviews? I've ordered from them for at least the last decade or longer with zero complaints.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:
What bad reviews? I've ordered from them for at least the last decade or longer with zero complaints.

Allow me to give you this link...

https://www.resellerratings.com/store/MidwayUSA

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I've never had a problem with Midway. OTOH I've never tried to return something, either.

Posts: 11506 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use MidwayUSA all the time. They ship fast so if you want to cancel you have to do it quick. I've sent a couple things back and never was charged any extra for returns........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received an email from MidwayUSA CS informing me the delivery is being halted and returned to MidwayUSA and an apology for the screw up. I'm pleased at this point.

Let's see if they impose on me the 20% restocking fee.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Midway does a ton of business. Of course there are going to be complaints, both due to the sheer volume of orders, and the fact that there's no pleasing some people, ever, and those people have access to the internet.

Never had I had a problem with Midway, not in 25 years, and they would be one of the last companies to whom I'd assign a bad reputation.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I don’t get the rant. This is totally self inflicted by the OP.

I’ve been using for a dozen years and recommend without hesitation. MidwayUSA is a quality vendor for the Lower 48 (out of line shipping to Alaska but that doesn’t apply here).

They’re high volume and may make a mistake but they’ll make it right. Promptly fixing mistakes is what separates the wheat from the chaffe. For example, they shipped a lapping bar with a breakable packed together with only pillows. They promptly replaced the breakable item no questions asked, no hassles.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Can't say I've had any issues with them, bought items I wanted and they were shipped quickly...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another satisfied customer here, bought lots of stuff over the years from Midway never had a problem

Guns-I have some

Posts: 213 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
I don’t get the rant. This is totally self inflicted by the OP.....

I don't believe so. My order was placed early Saturday morning, around 2am and cancelled about two hours later. Shipping department doesn't move anything at that hour and not until Monday.

I received an email from customer service confirming my order was deleted Saturday morning. A stop order is usually done via computer, unless I'm mistaken.

The mix up is between MidwayUSA customer service and their shipping department...not with me.

BTW, the 20% restocking fee is on their website and in addition, I was being charged for shipping and hours later on their web site they now offer free shipping on orders over $99.

posted Hide Post
I use Midway often and have had no problems. Been doing so for years. Their sale flyer has some good deals!
My only whine: Too many emails. Many many of them!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:

I don't believe so. My order was placed early Saturday morning, around 2am and cancelled about two hours later. Shipping department doesn't move anything at that hour and not until Monday.

I received an email from customer service confirming my order was deleted Saturday morning. A stop order is usually done via computer, unless I'm mistaken.

The mix up is between MidwayUSA customer service and their shipping department...not with me.

BTW, the 20% restocking fee is on their website and in addition, I was being charged for shipping and hours later on their web site they now offer free shipping on orders over $99.
It’s 100% self-inflicted. You canceled based on complete strangers not reliable reviewers like Sigforumites. MidwayUSA did nothing wrong and is trying to put genie back in the bottle after you let her out.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It’s Midway, not Amazon.

They’re great but make a mistake now and again - I’m sure if you called / emailed them about it they would take care of you.

Lots of places don’t even allow cancellations.

Next time be more decisive with your orders.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I've been buying from Midway since the early 90s and never had a problem. Also, I have never had to cancel or return anything so I may be biased.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
It’s Midway, not Amazon.

They’re great but make a mistake now and again - I’m sure if you called / emailed them about it they would take care of you.

Lots of places don’t even allow cancellations.

Next time be more decisive with your orders.

Yes Sir.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:

It’s 100% self-inflicted. You canceled based on complete strangers not reliable reviewers like Sigforumites. MidwayUSA did nothing wrong and is trying to put genie back in the bottle after you let her out.

If Genie is Barbara Eden, don't put her back in the bottle. I'll take her.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I buy lots of stuff from them. They've been good to deal with. Glad they got it straightened out for you.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto here. Ordered a bunch from Midway. I have plenty of friends that have ordered a bunch from Midway. Not once have I had a problem, nor have I heard about problems. Living in CT, some sites won't ship to me, so we tend to stick with sites that do and treat us right. Midway does. Looking at the first page of "complaints" on reseller ratings, most of them seem to be about the shipping, and how the UPS to USPS shipping is slow. Unless things have changed recently, shipping speed is selected by the purchaser, with a clear explanation of how long each option will take. People can have their shit quick, or cheap, but not both.

Posts: 1029 | Location: CT | Registered: March 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have ordered literally thousands worth of stuff from Midway and Never had an issue.....of course I never ordered at 2am and cancelled it at 4am-on a saturday.....

Midwat and Brownells have always been GTG for me.

Still waters run deep, so careful I don't drown you.

Posts: 146 | Location: Grantville, Ga | Registered: June 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post