SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Large screen TVs with their outrigger v shaped stands
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Large screen TVs with their outrigger v shaped stands Login/Join 
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted
Putting these stands so close to the ends of the set wouldn't matter if you're going to wall mount it but otherwise you need a stand long enough to fit. There's only a few TVs with a center mount and they are at the high price range.

Cheaper for the manufacturers but screw the consumer.

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, our new TV's stand is like that. We had barely enough width on the cabinet upon which it sits for the legs to fit.

Do not like. But the TV is otherwise great.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I ran into the same thing when shopping for a new TV for the Man Cave, which has a relatively narrow entertainment center shelf set in it. I discovered that, unlike 5+ years ago, TVs with factory center stands are rare these days.

Luckily, you can get an aftermarket center stand for not much money. I got this $25 one, and it works just fine:

https://www.amazon.com/PERLESM...ement/dp/B077MJZ6ZG/

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
They have to be that way for a reason, I think the TV will be too tippy otherwise.

My new 50" also has the feet almost on the outside edges too but luckily it just fits on my TV stand.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
We had to put a couple shelf boards on our TV stand when we got our 65" as a temporary solution until we wall-mounted it.

I had a similar complaint, but wasn't overly concerned as the wall-mount was the end game solution.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Luckily, you can get an aftermarket center stand for not much money. I got this $25 one, and it works just fine:

Yup, we got a similar stand from Amazon. Way better than the little feets that come with the TV, as it offers a range of mounting heights, and it swivels from side to side.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

Ohhh! I like that Smile I think I'm gonna get us one of those. Thanks, Rogue!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Normally those feet are reversible so you can have a slightly narrower footprint.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Agree about Perlesmith stands. Have one for our 49" bedroom set.

Went in a different direction for our 65" family room set. This puppy can handle up to 85" screens at 150 lbs so it is not going to be obsolete any time soon: Latitude Run Stemple TV Stand. Like that it has optional casters to roll the set and the middle shelf for a center speaker. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
They have to be that way for a reason, I think the TV will be too tippy otherwise.

The reason is manufacturers competing to sell at as low a price as possible, so they cheaped out on the stand. This outrigger stand thing is new within the last 10 years.

My 10 year old 60" 75 pound plasma came with a center stand and it isn't tippy. We only had a 3 year old and 1 year old when we got it. Our kids are now 13, 11, and 9. The entertainment center shows years worth of abuse from them, but the TV has been rock solid.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post