SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    incomplete websites
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
incomplete websites Login/Join 
Member
posted
If you want me to purchase any damn thing from you , you better have an address and ! a tele number on your website .


this b.s. of showing pics of stuff and then have to email you, is for the birds.

if you don't have time to answer my questions via phone , then screw you and your little business too





Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.



Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
 
Posts: 47134 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Indeed.

What pisses me off even more is the "call for price" bullshit.

I'm trying to figure out if I can afford it. If I have to "call for price" I'm going to assume that even YOU are embarrassed by how much you're asking for it, and you can go fuck yourself, mmmmkay?




Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
 
Posts: 11010 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Indeed.

What pisses me off even more is the "call for price" bullshit.

I'm trying to figure out if I can afford it. If I have to "call for price" I'm going to assume that even YOU are embarrassed by how much you're asking for it, and you can go fuck yourself, mmmmkay?


I'm some industries, and firearms is definitely one of them, that can be due to minimum advertised pricing rules. Some manufacturers have pretty strict language in their MAP policies. Enforcement is sometimes another question, but for many, the lost business from strict MAP adherence is less of a risk than losing a manufacturer altogether for a MAP violation.
 
Posts: 2385 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
and then there is the "instant Chat" b.s.

which rally means
Tell us what you want and we will get it out to you.

don't ask any questions, don't ask us to confirm any information.
don't expect us to know anything,
it's not so much a chat ,as it is an excuse hot line





Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.



Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
 
Posts: 47134 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

I'm some industries, and firearms is definitely one of them, that can be due to minimum advertised pricing rules. Some manufacturers have pretty strict language in their MAP policies. Enforcement is sometimes another question, but for many, the lost business from strict MAP adherence is less of a risk than losing a manufacturer altogether for a MAP violation.


I see it a lot on computers and accessories where that may indeed be the case.

When it gets under my skin is on used equipment dealer websites. I'm looking for a particular type of mower and NOBODY will give me a price unless I call or email them for "a quote". Fuck 'em, they can keep it.




Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
 
Posts: 11010 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
My take: no phone # and address - not a legitimate business. I'm constantly amazed at how many of these there are. I avoid doing business with all of them.



----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”
 
Posts: 1326 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Even with MAP pricing, at least post that price, with a 'call for quote' or similar.




The Enemy's gate is down.
 
Posts: 6185 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:

I'm some industries, and firearms is definitely one of them, that can be due to minimum advertised pricing rules. Some manufacturers have pretty strict language in their MAP policies. Enforcement is sometimes another question, but for many, the lost business from strict MAP adherence is less of a risk than losing a manufacturer altogether for a MAP violation.


I see it a lot on computers and accessories where that may indeed be the case.

When it gets under my skin is on used equipment dealer websites. I'm looking for a particular type of mower and NOBODY will give me a price unless I call or email them for "a quote". Fuck 'em, they can keep it.


That translates to "give us a part number and nomenclature, we'll search our used part vendors and let you know how much we will sell it to you for." Wink







Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul.


Help, I'm having premonitions of future flashbacks.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

Some people listen to the noise of the world,
And some people listen to the quiet.
 
Posts: 9780 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    incomplete websites

© SIGforum 2018