SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Black marks in the dryer?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Black marks in the dryer? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
Ohhh, mercy. LOTS of black marks in the dryer.

And clothes being rewashed. Mad

Grr.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Yup, that'll do it (unless your nickname is Spots).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always check the kid’s pockets for crayons, before drying!

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just toss one of those Tide to Go pens in the next load

Tide Pen

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
There actually is another cause for black marks- the inspector tags on some new clothing have adhesive on the back.
When they come off of the clothing whether in the washer or dryer they heat up in the dryer and adhere to the dryer drum. The adhesive attracts lint until it comes dark-colored. It takes alcohol or something similar to remove it from the finish.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoinRoller:

Hoo-Boy you ain't kidding, just ask the wife. It was almost 30 years ago but she still fusses about it on occasion.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And chapstick.

Posts: 7016 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
I’m bad about leaving a pen in my pocket before washing so my dryer looks like a Picasso

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you do tackle that job with goof off or something similar, try to pull your head out once in a while for some clean air. Ask me how I know.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
Originally posted by CoinRoller:

Hoo-Boy you ain't kidding, just ask the wife. It was almost 30 years ago but she still fusses about it on occasion.

Yep, orange crayon about 1 year ago here! Wife was less than happy.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
There actually is another cause for black marks- the inspector tags on some new clothing have adhesive on the back.

Truth!

quote:
Originally posted by muzzleloader:
If you do tackle that job with goof off or something similar, try to pull your head out once in a while for some clean air. Ask me how I know.

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post