SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Did you know a riflescope is a gun part?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did you know a riflescope is a gun part? Login/Join 
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I had already thrown out the shipping box, all I had was the normal packaging. Just about everything we buy aside from groceries is bought online and shipped, so we are up to our eyeballs in boxes, just none that would fit the scope package. Besides, I never had issue one with this store before, and UPS drops off ammo, parts, RIFLESCOPES, etc. at my house all the time.

Next time I'm going with its a cursed item that blinds whomever gazes upon it.

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
"Nikon optical instrument"

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
Back when EOTech offered to buy back their products I tried to ship a sight from a franchise UPS store and I was told the same thing.

According to the very polite and very apologetic manager it had to do with the fact that they were a franchise. I took it down the road a block to the FedEx store and they shipped it no problem.

The company UPS will ship these items and all kinds of other firearm related goodies but the partner stores are prohibited from accepting them. Maybe UPS doesn’t trust the employees of their franchise locations.

It's the owner that makes that call. I had a similar issue where the first UPS store I tried kept apologizing and saying no, while the place I have my PO box at told me basically "bring it on." Both are franchisees.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3354 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
since the OP has the internetz,,,, (hence this thread)

OP needs to go to UPS and USPS and FedEx , all dot coms,

you can calculate shipping on all 3,

pick the cheapest, don't forget to include insurance, and print from home

box, apply label, and drop off,
no questions asked, and if questioned, say here is the preprinted label, just dropping off thanks,

each company has issues, however as much as I loathe FedUp,,,, UPS stores are 10x's worse,,,

also, insurance value will dictate where it can be shipped from, as in a high dollar item shipped via UPS may require a drop off at a Customer Service location (read that as hub) or catch a driver,
you can , for a fee at fedup and ups, have the driver scheduled to come to you (free at usps)

no where does it require you to say what it is online, re insurance, you just put in the amount,
should it be used, make sure you have the appropriate receipt to claim, showing that it was worth that,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
"It's a telescope"

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shipped an Aimpoint back for warranty service and told the UPS store it was "optics". I insured it for full value and asked if they charge standard UPS prices. They said yes but it seemed high, so when I got home I checked UPS online calculator and the insurance was like 60% or more cheaper through UPS.

I went back to the store and told them they were not truthful when I asked if they charged standard UPS rates. They said that's what it comes to in their system.

Damn liars overcharging and playing dumb. Now I only go there for call tag dropoffs. Screw a customer once, and they will never give you money again. Good business model...

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tell then its a surveyors scope, which in some cases is an gunscope...

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
The UPS Store near me will accept drop-off packages for UPS (of course), but also for USPS and Fed-Ex, since the drivers for all these services stop daily to deliver incoming stuff.

When I'm sending something, I usually use a Priority Mail Flat Rate "If it fits, it ships" box, but whatever method I use to ship, I will go online to the shipper's website (USPS, UPS, or FedEx), enter the shipping information, pay online with a credit card, and print the shipping label.

Then, when I stop at The UPS Store, where I have an account, to pick up my incoming mail and packages, I just hand them a sealed box with a pre-paid shipping label on it. There is no discussion, there are no questions, they just take the box and put it in their outgoing pile for whichever service I'm using. The store people have no idea whether it's a package of gun parts or bubble gum. It's just a package with a shipping label on it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
What did you tell them it was a scope to begin with? Seems unnecessary.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I shipped off my Nightforce for a reticle change just week from a UPS store.
Lady asked what it was and I said "it's a riflescope". She said, "It's not a gun right?"
"No, just the scope."
All other conversation was about what size box the NXS box would fit into.

2 days later I tried to mail a small USPS priority box from the same UPS store.
They wanted to charge me over $20 to mail a box that has a flat rate of $7.20. FO!!, I'll drive the 3 miles to the Post Office and not pay the anal rapist charges you want. Roll Eyes

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
I tried to mail a small USPS priority box from the same UPS store.

They wanted to charge me over $20 to mail a box that has a flat rate of $7.20. FO!!, I'll drive the 3 miles to the Post Office and not pay the anal rapist charges you want. Roll Eyes
Use the USPS website to print the shipping label and pay for it with a credit card. Use clear packing tape to attach the label to your flat rate Priority Mail box. Hand it over the counter at The UPS Store. No charge.

Or hand it to any postal carrier if you see one. No charge.

Or use the USPS website to request a pickup for the box at your home or business. No charge.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Use the USPS website to print the shipping label and pay for it with a credit card. Use clear packing tape to attach the label to your flat rate Priority Mail box. Hand it over the counter at The UPS Store. No charge.

Or use the USPS website to request a pickup for the box at your home or business. No charge.

This is exactly what I do. Never had any issues.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
"optical alignment facilitator"

So....it's an "oaf" Razz Need a nice oaf for me AR.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

Thanks V. I'll do just that for them to have to handle it but not make any money off it. Cool

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
To reiterate, no box that would hold scope box, never had a problem with UPS or this store before, and RIFLESCOPES ARENT A GUN PART!

Posts: 1502 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I know what this is, it's a snowcone machine.

Agree with above, go online to you pee ess dot com, make yourself an account (its free) then print and pay for shipping yourself, if you misjudge the amount UPS will adjust the charge for you since they have the tracking number and your charge information on your account.

Walk in and hand it to them and say adios!

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
tell him it's for his next colonoscopy, so thay can find his brain.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post