SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Nothing to see here, move along *Updated with root cause
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nothing to see here, move along *Updated with root cause Login/Join 
posted
Excuse my attempt to inform

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redford1970,

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
You weren’t going to get anything from Optics Planet anyway.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
I dumped BoA a long time ago when I found out they were pulling this type of shit with online ordering related to gun orders or accessories.

I went into BoA, sat down with a guy and closed all my accounts, withdrew all my money and switch to another bank. The guy asked me why I was leaving the bank after all these years? I told him I was a huge supporter of the 2A and that his bank was against it. He just said "sorry to hear that".

Not saying this is what happen with you. Just my BoA experience.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Bank of America and Optics Planet.

Each of them takes the Oscar for Worst In Category.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
^^^^ No & No ^^^^

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Optics Planet- the gift that keeps on giving

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Optics Planet- the gift that keeps on takingGiving

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Newsflash - they just couldn't source what you ordered.

How can someone with 7 years and 1800 posts not have seen the theme with these guys? That sort of insight is one of many valuable benefits of this group.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12400 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Optics Planet IS the fraud and it finally hit you this time.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redford1970:
Show me the thread that deals with Fraud Prevention
I think you should place another order with Optics Planet. You're the perfect kind of customer for them. They pull some sleazy shit after you've been told that they pull sleazy shit all the time, then you want us to provide evidence of their sleazy shit.

Place a big order. BIG order. Enjoy

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redford1970:
Still looking for any discussion of Fraud Prevention as a ruse for cancelling a deal.
You can hammer on that from now 'til the cows come home. You want us to point you to a thread that describes the exact flavor of bullshit they served you. I think you know perfectly well that there's no such thread here, but perhaps these will provide you with a clue:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/6510007534/p/1

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0064034?r=6760085034

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/7480021734/p/1

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0099734?r=8770099734

They cancelled your order because they could not source your item. They did not advise you of this cancellation because they don't give a shit about you as a customer, but you want us to point you to a thread about the exact way they screwed you.

As I said, you're the perfect OP customer. We're sounding alarm bells and you want us to tell you why you should be concerned about it.

You should take another run at them. You might get lucky.

posted Hide Post
I finally got a phone call about my order being cancelled by OP. Short story, I already got to the root cause because this happened with GameStop as well.

When using a VPN, my true IP Address (and location) are hidden. This is a red flag because my home address is in Michigan but the Proxy places me in another part of the Country.

The item is in Stock but I ordered from Amazon a couple of days ago.

Fini

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post