SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    There goes another $6,000+. Remodeling sucks.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

There goes another $6,000+. Remodeling sucks. Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Well I'm not going to fall through the floor any time soon. Still, I'm going to address it right away. I hate my floor. I hate my early model low GPF toilet. The shower door mirroring is starting to fail. The vanity was a $99 open box special. The light another cheap open box item. The tub has dated tile work and needs to be recaulked. I'll look at this as an excuse to update earlier than planned. PB&J's aren't that bad and I really like rice, plus who needs a vacation anyways?

At least unlike ensigmatic, jimmy, and just1tum, I'll actually get to look at and enjoy my repairs afterwards. Plus kitchens and baths are what sells houses right?

Jesse, don't forget to add some photo's of the upgrades. At least I can admire other folks completed repairs and/or upgrades. Were currently in the middle of a french back door replacement. One project at a time Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Before:

Nice 1964 original stove (still working) and original wood cabinets.

Middle:

End:

Hopefully soon. Middle pics taken five minutes ago.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Wife: "But I saw it on HGTV and it looked so easy!"

Results in most costly repair

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ok honey, I'm going to start demo-ing the kitchen.

How are you going to do that?

Slowly and carefully so I don't damage the tile and I can give Alex (neighbor) the old cabinets.

Oh, I thought you used a sledgehammer, that's how they do it on the home makeover shows?

No.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Jesse, while I don't envy you, when I did all my major remodeling settling into my current home, there always seemed to be something to do, or add. Even when I was at a reasonable half way point, I started on front yard landscaping. 18 different palm species, the front end loaders with several hundred pound cap rocks scattered around on the built up mulch mounds. Large amounts of saw palmettos. It took 15 or so years to grow into a nice native front yard jungle, it looks nice but the maintenance and up-keep isn't as easy as I planned doing it myself anymore.

Just keeping up with normal age related home repairs now is the price of home ownership. Still, I've no real regrets, just wish I could do it myself more these days.

Well done though. I know the amount of work put into those make-overs all too well Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
At least unlike ensigmatic, jimmy, and just1tum, I'll actually get to look at and enjoy my repairs afterwards.

I took photos Smile

Maybe I'll print 'em, make a collage, frame it, and put it on the wall of the man cave when it's done. Nyah nyah, nyah nyah nyah Big Grin

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I don’t like remodeling. My sister and BIL’s house has been in a constant state of remodel for close to 20 years.
I simply could not live like that.

I don’t even like to repaint. Think about it, every time you repaint, the room gets a little bit smaller....

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
At least unlike ensigmatic, jimmy, and just1tum, I'll actually get to look at and enjoy my repairs afterwards.

I took photos Smile

Maybe I'll print 'em, make a collage, frame it, and put it on the wall of the man cave when it's done. Nyah nyah, nyah nyah nyah Big Grin

There are some great sites out there that can make collages of it or even multiple prints that you space apart. Here's one idea I came up for you for a three panel display. Wink

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Not sure which is scarier Black in the red light or the fact it's November and my kitchen is still not done.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Hey, at least I did manage to get my back french door replaced since you started your thread.. Cool

Regards, Will G.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Progress!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Jesse,
The progress is looking really good!!!
I don’t envy you at all. I spent 15 years in a house in Washington, with constant upgrades and remodels. In the end it was worth it, as it sold for a fantastic profit and we were able to move to the sunshine.
That said, when looking for a home here in Arizona, I wanted something that needed minimal fixing or remodeling. God truly blessed us with the home we found.
Now all the remodeling I do is at my Pop's house. He’s always got something under construction. Yesterday it was finishing the kitchen cabinets/shelves. It’s fun, and I don’t have to mess with the mess or under construction home.

I wish you all the best bro. If I was 2000 miles closer, I would be happy to come over and lend a hand.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Looking good Jesse, almost can smell the paint from here Smile

Regards, Will G.