SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Game of Thrones
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted
People, get over your show. Its not that good and certainly isn't as newsworthy and hipe fested as it appears. And, as the show is now well past novel territory, HBO has ended the chance that GRRM will ever finish the series as books.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Well now we find the series enjoyable, we are fans but I will say we didn't sit waiting for the premiere there are other things more important in life. We had the grand daughters over so we did the On Demand once they were gone. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Bet the op feels pretty lonely in here.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Game of Thrones

Translation: I don't CARE about "X"! "X" is STUPID!

I don't care so much I came here and made a post about it!

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Yer sig line is longer than your posts. You might want to see to that.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heatinajeep
posted Hide Post
opinions are like assholes.

Posts: 1976 | Location: Moody, AL | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2698 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As much as I disagree with the poster, this is the rant zone right?

Or wait, is this like the cat picture thread where the exact opposite of what the OP wanted happens?

In that case: Winter is Coming Big Grin

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CD228:
Correct.

But some people forget that return fire is authorized.

Just because you pitch it, doesn't mean people wont swat it down.

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Never seent it

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Correct.

A two way range of sorts.
Good Point.

Also, I stole your turtle Meme. it's awesome.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Correct.

Look no further than the Cat Picture Thread.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
Bet the op feels pretty lonely in here.

I'll keep him company. I don't like GOT either. I watched 3 or so seasons primarily because I like Peter Dinklage and Charles Dance, but even they couldn't salvage the show for me. GOT is just too rapey for my taste. And I don't think it's very good storytelling, just my opinion, of course. A lot of my friends love GOT (books and show), and that's cool, but it's not for me.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
WHAT!?! People actually don't agree with me?! Shocked.

That said, I'm glad that tons of other people love it, but it doesn't change that for those that, like me, fell in love, and then like, and then disgust at the pace of the books should turn all fanboi at a series that, to put it gently, engages in forbidden love acts with the chance that the series will ever be finished in writing before the end of the HBO series.

And that is sad.

On, and LOVED the turtle!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1951 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see GOT HBO as a completely separate entity from the books.

I don't believe the books will ever be finished, or at least not finished with the quality of the first couple of books. Even then some of the last books were 'meh' with useless plot lines and confusion.

I'm glad the show is pushing ahead to the finish line and we likely are down to less then 14 episodes with this and the next season.