SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Red Robin - updated!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Red Robin - updated! Login/Join 
posted
My daughter loved Red Robin growing up and we did not mind taking her there....food was always good (for what it was, consistent and service was friendly.

I had heard through some friends that the place had been going downhill as of late but when my daughter, on winter break, wanted to go there for dinner with me I did not hesitate.

I should have listened....

Service was horrible, waitress spent more time yapping with her friends than paying attention to us. My burger tasted like a frozen "Boba Burger" and for a bacon cheeseburger has one tiny bacon strip on it, the fries were undercooked and overall it was just a bad experience.

I did not want to make a big stunk in front of daughter so I paid (tipped accordingly) and left but sent an email to corporate when I got home.

They must be getting a lot of complaints because, almost immediately, I received a $15.00 e-gift card which doesn't make up for the $40 I spend but it is something.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevmo,

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the 6 page rant.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/1240069264/p/1

Correction, it's a 6 page Lounge. Should have been a rant...

Per 4MUL8R
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3070001564

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think RR will be completely out of business within 2 years at the current trajectory they are on.

Posts: 33601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess it depends on what Red Robin you eat at. The Red Robin, in Hamburg, PA, still provides good service and food. With that said I've always believed RR is a bit overpriced for what you get. I'd rather go to Five Guys.

Posts: 1618 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I haven't been to one for at least a decade.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Truth
Picture of Luis
posted Hide Post
Good on you for doing that. Nothing wrong with calling in and explaining that you have been a loyal customer and happened to notice that they have been going down in quality and service.

A few weeks ago I went to my local Montrose/River Oaks Taco Bell and it was complete crap. I sent an email, with receipt number, time of visit, my phone number. Everything. I explained my concern and the next time I called they actually answered my phone call. The frikin store answered! They never answer at the hour I called in on this occasion. So, then I went to drive thru just after I called in and received the best taco bell order I have ever received! Tacos and my gordita crunch were stuffed beyond belief! Burritos had what id estimate to be triple ground meat and I didn't even ask for it. I had so much damned Taco Bell food I took the rest to work for lunch the next day.

Call it in and see what comes of it. These days some companies actually care about their reputation. I like that.

Posts: 4328 | Location: A hop, skip and a jump from the bayou. S East Tx, USA | Registered: October 13, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have at least one of those
Red Robins in my area, Maybe more, not sure and don't care.

4.5 years ago (MOL) my wife and I went to the one I am aware of for the first (and only time) as it is pretty close to the house. I ordered a burger, rare and they said, "No! Can't do that." Uhhh, OK, I said, how about medium-rare? "I don't know. Let me talk to the manager."

We were in shock or we'd have walked out. Shortly a manager came over and said no rare or medium-rare burgers and that they had a temperature and a length of time they cooked all burgers to and they came out medium-well.

We were still kinda shocked and waited to see how the burgers came out. Mine was so over cooked and so dry I just left it. The fires were okay, IIRC.

The manager came by and gave us a free coupon, maybe five bucks, or maybe more. We tipped the waitress (wasn't her fault) and left the coupon with the tip. Never returned, never will.

And never have.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As i mentioned in my initial post, they were quite generous in giving me a $15.00 gift certificate for fucking up a $40.00 meal...I had zero intention of ever going back to use it but printed it out and had it in my car figuring i would give it to someone.

Well, this week i was across the street getting gas and a homeless person approached me asking for a couple of bucks to get food. I had no cash however I did one better, I asked if he wanted a meal at Red Robin! He gladly accepted and last I saw he was on his way across the street to enjoy a free meal on them!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter1:

4.5 years ago (MOL) my wife and I went to the one I am aware of for the first (and only time) as it is pretty close to the house. I ordered a burger, rare and they said, "No! Can't do that." Uhhh, OK, I said, how about medium-rare? "I don't know. Let me talk to the manager."

We were in shock or we'd have walked out. Shortly a manager came over and said no rare or medium-rare burgers and that they had a temperature and a length of time they cooked all burgers to and they came out medium-well.
I like my burgers somewhere between rare and medium rare.

It is really disappointing, the number of places that charge big bucks for "boutique burgers" and will not cook them the way that the paying customer requests.

Burger-Fi, Five Guys, very bad about this. Burger-Fi in particular, expensive burger joint, the manager told me that they cook all their burgers to 165*. I asked him to show me the meat thermometer that they use. OOPS! They did not have one. I asked the manager how they knew the temperature. He mumbled something about "time." I asked him to point out the stopwatch or timer that they were using. OOPS! Terrible.

I have found Ruby Tuesday's , Chili's, and Fuddruckers to be hit-and-miss. Some locations will do exactly what I ask for. Some will take an overcooked burger back, and give me a medium rare one on the second try. Other locations insist on overcooked, dried out, tasteless, unidentifiable lumps of what might be meat.

I remember the day, maybe ten years ago, that I ordered a rare burger in Steak & Shake. I was told "no," so I asked for the manager, who also told me "no." I told him that I did not have my reading glasses with me, and asked him to read part of the description on the menu for me. "Cooked To Order." On the next visit, I noticed that they had new menus, without that phrase.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the next visit, I noticed that they had new menus, without that phrase.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
They learned from the USPS. When I complained about the mail not being boxed by the time on the sign, the got a new sign and changed the time.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
He gladly accepted and last I saw he was on his way across the street to enjoy a free meal on them!

Nice work!

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Having had salmonella before, ten days of hell, I’ll settle for overly-done ground beef.

Much different than a steak. Guaranteed shit mixed up with that hamburger.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Having had salmonella before, ten days of hell, I’ll settle for overly-done ground beef.

I found that out several years ago. Spent 3 days in ER Isolation room at TMC. ($16K, plus)

An under cooked burger at Fudruckers almost did me in.

COOK that burger well.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:

Yeah, I don't get the attraction to rare ground beef.

I don't like them overdone but they need to be done.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
The only thing worth having at a RR are the onion rings. Period.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
And the chocolate malt. But that's not really on my diet... Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of RR.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand the concern about undercooked ground beef.

I have a choice. Since my radiation & chemo for throat cancer in the summer of 2015, I have almost no saliva. So I gotta have food that has at least a little moisture, hence my preference for beef rare or close to rare.

Yeah, I know, I could cover the dry beef or burger with some condiment (ketchup or catsup for example) and get it down that way, but I'd really like it cooked my way.

Locally, I order burgers rare all the time and I find, with burgers ordered rare, the cook or chef leaves only hint of pink. That's enough for me.

Bob

Posts: 1558 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post