SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Coyotes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coyotes Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My family has had doxies on and off for years. My boy Boomer is as loving as they come and also the biggest A..... that you may run into. One Xmas my SIL brought along her sheepdog. Boomer did not care for him and jumped up and grabbed his throat and came down with a long grey mess of hair in his mouth. Looked just like Fumanchu. The sheepdog was not seen the rest of the weekend.

Time takes time.

Posts: 83 | Registered: August 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's been standing by the fence barking her ass off like she's saying "Come get some more!"

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JD83
posted Hide Post
Peter Coyote

Posts: 352 | Location: Blue Heaven  | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Dachshunds were bred to go down badger holes and deal with the badgers.

Dachshunds is the German name for the dogs and it meadns badger dogs.

They are routinely used for hunting in Germany.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
This story made me happy.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Ulsterman -- how about a picture of your gutsy dash hound girl, for us dog lovers?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
pics or it ...........well you know!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to find a pic hosting site, I always used Photobucket before.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
I have to find a pic hosting site, I always used Photobucket before.
Try PostImage. Very easy to use, fast, free.

You can create an account if you want to store photos there. If you just want to put a photo link in a forum, you don't even need to have an account, you can do that as an anonymous guest user.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
glad they made it out ok

my Aunt and uncles Shih tzu wasn't so lucky. Coyote dined and dashed Frown

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Kill every coyote you see. They like to eat cats and dogs. Glad you were around when this encounter occurred.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saw birds circling a couple of miles away. Headed in that direction to see what it is.

posted Hide Post

10 pounds of bad ass.

She's quarantined for the time being because the vet found a place on her side that might be a bite wound but unlikely. She was a bad ass yesterday but when our grandson came to see her, she saw him and rolled over on her back for a belly rub.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ulsterman,

posted Hide Post
Thanks for taking such great care of your dogs. You're a good Man.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our dogs are outside dogs, unless the weather is extreme. They have cover, food and water. If it gets bad they have access to the barn. If it gets extremely bad, they go to the heated garage.

Except for this one. She doesn't have enough meat on her ass to stay warm.

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
You should keep score on the barn. Coyote stencil, anyone? Big Grin
That's a good girl!

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

10 pounds of bad ass.

She's quarantined for the time being because the vet found a place on her side that might be a bite wound but unlikely. She was a bad ass yesterday but when our grandson came to see her, she saw him and rolled over on her back for a belly rub.
What a good looking dog!

Is she really only ten pounds? Hard to believe, as the demon cat that Paragon palmed off on me is by no means a large cat, and she is ten pounds and a few ounces.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
for some reason they yowl it up when the B.N.S.F freight train blows its horn, around here

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
for some reason they yowl it up when the B.N.S.F freight train blows its horn, around here

Same here. We get about a dozen trains a day, and the coyote chorus unleashes, from all around in the desert (we're surrounded by state land), and sometimes even right down in the wash by our house. We've always had one dog (out of three) that barks at this, and at coyotes passing nearby. After a few weeks, it becomes Pavlovian. Our barker starts barking as soon as the whistle sounds, or even sometimes just hearing the train. It only last about 15 seconds.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neighbor found a carcass off the edge of the road, looks like the one I gut shot.