SIGforum
Coyotes

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/3520060134

September 29, 2017, 12:13 PM
ulsterman
Coyotes
Dogs went to General Quarters last night about dusk. Barking, snarling, etc.

4 Coyotes were in the yard. Leading the defense? The 10 pound mini wiener dog. She was full blown pissed off. She jumped on one of the coyotes back and started ripping chunks out.

The closest rifle we had was a .308. Took two of them out. Think I nicked a 3rd as they headed over the ridge.
September 29, 2017, 12:16 PM
V-Tail
Give the little weiner dog a special treat.

Good girl!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
September 29, 2017, 12:39 PM
ulsterman
The two big dogs were backing up the other 3 coyotes. The 4th was turning circles trying to figure out what was tearing her up. The blood and fur was flying.

I dropped the first and second one. The other two took off. Just before they went over the ridge, I took another shot. The 3rd stumbled but got back up and disappeared.

The wiener dog was standing in the yard spitting and coughing. I hosed them down and didn't see any bite marks. Vet is stopping by to check them out.
September 29, 2017, 01:01 PM
Kevmo
I had never been around wiener dogs before then I started dating a girl that had 2...I was very quickly impressed and amazed by their spirit and tenacity. When you look at them and see the size fo clams and teeth it is easy to see how they were useful in going after badgers.
September 29, 2017, 01:28 PM
sigmonkey
Never underestimate a badger gitter...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
September 29, 2017, 01:34 PM
bayouman
We live in a semi-rural area just outside New Orleans and have had a few coyote problems. I was able to cure it with my ancient Sears bolt action .22.

One of my neighbors called the Sheriff about hearing shots. He arrived and I showed him the large dead coyote that seemed to have committed suicide in my back yard. He cracked up and told me to let the neighbors know we had coyotes.

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.
September 29, 2017, 01:42 PM
ulsterman
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Never underestimate a badger gitter...

She was on the yotes back and it was spinning. Her feet would let go and she'd hold on with just her teeth. The yote would stop, she'd get planted and start ripping, the yote would start spinning again. The yote finally threw her and she rolled like a bowling ball. Got back up shook, and actually backed up one of the yotes.
September 29, 2017, 01:43 PM
ulsterman
quote:
Originally posted by bayouman:
We live in a semi-rural area just outside New Orleans and have had a few coyote problems. I was able to cure it with my ancient Sears bolt action .22.

One of my neighbors called the Sheriff about hearing shots. He arrived and I showed him the large dead coyote that seemed to have committed suicide in my back yard. He cracked up and told me to let the neighbors know we had coyotes.

.308 was over kill but it was the closest one. DNR is taking one to test it. I got the other with a head shot so there isn't much left. Threw the carcass on a brush pile and lite it.
September 29, 2017, 01:46 PM
ulsterman
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
I had never been around wiener dogs before then I started dating a girl that had 2...I was very quickly impressed and amazed by their spirit and tenacity. When you look at them and see the size fo clams and teeth it is easy to see how they were useful in going after badgers.

Our Kung Fu cat is the only thing I've seen that can handle her. Cat will sit down and raise a paw up. Wiener dog will charge her and the cat will tear her up with one paw. Dog will back up, cat will switch paws. Rinse and repeat.
September 29, 2017, 01:55 PM
h2oys
We have 3 wiener dogs now, but the 2 we used to have at our old home, were notorious for chasing the neighbors boxer.

It was hilarious to watch. One of our dogs, Bud, would also go over to the neighbors in his garage and wait for him to open the door to his kitchen. The neighbor would feel him hot dogs and he'd come home and sleep all day.

Ferocious, loyal, and wonderful dogs!

Give yours some loving from us. Smile
September 29, 2017, 02:02 PM
sigmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:...

She was on the yotes back and it was spinning. Her feet would let go and she'd hold on with just her teeth. The yote would stop, she'd get planted and start ripping, the yote would start spinning again. The yote finally threw her and she rolled like a bowling ball. Got back up shook, and actually backed up one of the yotes.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
September 29, 2017, 02:44 PM
ulsterman
She broke a tooth so the vet is repairing that, gonna get a metal replacement. She has bling.
September 29, 2017, 04:15 PM
whanson_wi
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
She broke a tooth so the vet is repairing that, gonna get a metal replacement. She has bling.

That's going to look great when she snarls in the moonlight.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.
September 29, 2017, 04:26 PM
Aquabird
Wow, a vet who comes to your house, great.

Also great that he repairs teeth.

I had a dog years ago that broke a canine tooth. I would have had to take her across the state to a Dentist who would fix it for a shit pile of money back then.

Glad to see you busted a couple of those things.
Around here you rarely see them, but their impact is felt.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
September 29, 2017, 04:27 PM
ulsterman
Gold 4 UR Mouf.
September 29, 2017, 04:27 PM
slabsides45
quote:

Is your vet doing that, or are they sending you to someone? I'd love to learn to do crowns, but in my neck o' the woods, few are willing to be spendy with dental cosmetics. Root canal followed by a metal crown around here is big moolah.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
September 29, 2017, 04:33 PM
trapper189
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:...

WTH, man? You gotta warn people before you post things like that. I got Diet Mountain Dew up my nose from trying not to laugh while drinking it. Big Grin
September 29, 2017, 05:00 PM
jhe888
I don't need to tell you that Dachshunds can be quite aggressive. It isn't unusual.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
September 29, 2017, 06:15 PM
ulsterman
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:

Is your vet doing that, or are they sending you to someone? I'd love to learn to do crowns, but in my neck o' the woods, few are willing to be spendy with dental cosmetics. Root canal followed by a metal crown around here is big moolah.

Another vet in his practice is doing it. They started doing it for the police K9's in the area.
September 29, 2017, 06:16 PM
ulsterman
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Wow, a vet who comes to your house, great.

Also great that he repairs teeth.

I had a dog years ago that broke a canine tooth. I would have had to take her across the state to a Dentist who would fix it for a shit pile of money back then.

Glad to see you busted a couple of those things.
Around here you rarely see them, but their impact is felt.

They normally take care of farm animals