SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Coyotes
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Coyotes Login/Join 
Member
posted
Dogs went to General Quarters last night about dusk. Barking, snarling, etc.

4 Coyotes were in the yard. Leading the defense? The 10 pound mini wiener dog. She was full blown pissed off. She jumped on one of the coyotes back and started ripping chunks out.

The closest rifle we had was a .308. Took two of them out. Think I nicked a 3rd as they headed over the ridge.
 
Posts: 5252 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the DL
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Give the little weiner dog a special treat.

Good girl!



A mind is a terrible thing.
 
Posts: 16372 | Location: Central Florida (near Orlando) | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
The two big dogs were backing up the other 3 coyotes. The 4th was turning circles trying to figure out what was tearing her up. The blood and fur was flying.

I dropped the first and second one. The other two took off. Just before they went over the ridge, I took another shot. The 3rd stumbled but got back up and disappeared.

The wiener dog was standing in the yard spitting and coughing. I hosed them down and didn't see any bite marks. Vet is stopping by to check them out.
 
Posts: 5252 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I had never been around wiener dogs before then I started dating a girl that had 2...I was very quickly impressed and amazed by their spirit and tenacity. When you look at them and see the size fo clams and teeth it is easy to see how they were useful in going after badgers.
 
Posts: 3135 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Never underestimate a badger gitter...




"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
 
Posts: 36381 | Location: My Happy Little Tire Swing | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
We live in a semi-rural area just outside New Orleans and have had a few coyote problems. I was able to cure it with my ancient Sears bolt action .22.

One of my neighbors called the Sheriff about hearing shots. He arrived and I showed him the large dead coyote that seemed to have committed suicide in my back yard. He cracked up and told me to let the neighbors know we had coyotes.


Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.
 
Posts: 539 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Never underestimate a badger gitter...


She was on the yotes back and it was spinning. Her feet would let go and she'd hold on with just her teeth. The yote would stop, she'd get planted and start ripping, the yote would start spinning again. The yote finally threw her and she rolled like a bowling ball. Got back up shook, and actually backed up one of the yotes.
 
Posts: 5252 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bayouman:
We live in a semi-rural area just outside New Orleans and have had a few coyote problems. I was able to cure it with my ancient Sears bolt action .22.

One of my neighbors called the Sheriff about hearing shots. He arrived and I showed him the large dead coyote that seemed to have committed suicide in my back yard. He cracked up and told me to let the neighbors know we had coyotes.


.308 was over kill but it was the closest one. DNR is taking one to test it. I got the other with a head shot so there isn't much left. Threw the carcass on a brush pile and lite it.
 
Posts: 5252 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
I had never been around wiener dogs before then I started dating a girl that had 2...I was very quickly impressed and amazed by their spirit and tenacity. When you look at them and see the size fo clams and teeth it is easy to see how they were useful in going after badgers.


Our Kung Fu cat is the only thing I've seen that can handle her. Cat will sit down and raise a paw up. Wiener dog will charge her and the cat will tear her up with one paw. Dog will back up, cat will switch paws. Rinse and repeat.
 
Posts: 5252 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
We have 3 wiener dogs now, but the 2 we used to have at our old home, were notorious for chasing the neighbors boxer.

It was hilarious to watch. One of our dogs, Bud, would also go over to the neighbors in his garage and wait for him to open the door to his kitchen. The neighbor would feel him hot dogs and he'd come home and sleep all day.

Ferocious, loyal, and wonderful dogs!

Give yours some loving from us. Smile
 
Posts: 1358 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:...

She was on the yotes back and it was spinning. Her feet would let go and she'd hold on with just her teeth. The yote would stop, she'd get planted and start ripping, the yote would start spinning again. The yote finally threw her and she rolled like a bowling ball. Got back up shook, and actually backed up one of the yotes.






"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
 
Posts: 36381 | Location: My Happy Little Tire Swing | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
She broke a tooth so the vet is repairing that, gonna get a metal replacement. She has bling.
 
Posts: 5252 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
She broke a tooth so the vet is repairing that, gonna get a metal replacement. She has bling.


That's going to look great when she snarls in the moonlight.


===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.
 
Posts: 1240 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, a vet who comes to your house, great.

Also great that he repairs teeth.

I had a dog years ago that broke a canine tooth. I would have had to take her across the state to a Dentist who would fix it for a shit pile of money back then.

Glad to see you busted a couple of those things.
Around here you rarely see them, but their impact is felt.


NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
BFA Member
 
Posts: 1589 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Gold 4 UR Mouf.
 
Posts: 5252 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
She broke a tooth so the vet is repairing that, gonna get a metal replacement. She has bling.


Is your vet doing that, or are they sending you to someone? I'd love to learn to do crowns, but in my neck o' the woods, few are willing to be spendy with dental cosmetics. Root canal followed by a metal crown around here is big moolah.


________________________________________________

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers
 
Posts: 4461 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:...

She was on the yotes back and it was spinning. Her feet would let go and she'd hold on with just her teeth. The yote would stop, she'd get planted and start ripping, the yote would start spinning again. The yote finally threw her and she rolled like a bowling ball. Got back up shook, and actually backed up one of the yotes.




WTH, man? You gotta warn people before you post things like that. I got Diet Mountain Dew up my nose from trying not to laugh while drinking it. Big Grin
 
Posts: 3301 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't need to tell you that Dachshunds can be quite aggressive. It isn't unusual.




The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
 
Posts: 44454 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
She broke a tooth so the vet is repairing that, gonna get a metal replacement. She has bling.


Is your vet doing that, or are they sending you to someone? I'd love to learn to do crowns, but in my neck o' the woods, few are willing to be spendy with dental cosmetics. Root canal followed by a metal crown around here is big moolah.


Another vet in his practice is doing it. They started doing it for the police K9's in the area.
 
Posts: 5252 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquabird:
Wow, a vet who comes to your house, great.

Also great that he repairs teeth.

I had a dog years ago that broke a canine tooth. I would have had to take her across the state to a Dentist who would fix it for a shit pile of money back then.

Glad to see you busted a couple of those things.
Around here you rarely see them, but their impact is felt.


They normally take care of farm animals
 
Posts: 5252 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Coyotes

© SIGforum 2017