SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lazy painters...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lazy painters... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
But why oh why do people not bother to remove wall plates and ac grills,

And when painting the trim; interior door hinges, door stops & window latches!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
The four of us were laughing so hard we had tears running down our cheeks. The Realtor said; "So I guess you don't want to make an offer on this one." Bingo!

I dunno... Interior paint is one of the easiest things to change when buying a new house, but also one of the things that's likely to turn off other potential buyers. That's actually a good thing, as it will limit the competing bids.

If you run into something like this, but like the house otherwise, it would be worth considering tossing in a low offer and seeing what happens. With the money you could save on the front end thanks to the hideous paint, you could have it professionally repainted several times over.

I understand what you're saying. My parents bought and sold real estate and I've moved a number of time - we used that strategy a number of times. But, I probably would have walked in this situation. IMO, there is a big difference between hideous paint and painting around furniture. What were these people thinking leaving a house in this shape? It's so blatantly stupid that I'd wonder what other overlooked maintenance items existed that might not pop-up on an inspection. (Inspections never find everything and deferred maintenance is not the sort of item that can generally be raised as a necessary repair.)

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
95.8% of “painting” is “not painting;” in other words, preparation-cleaning, chipping, removing, covering, cleaning again, moving furniture, taping, taping again...then choosing paint color...then returning paint for different color because the first didn’t look right...then, finally painting.

Caulking. Don't forget caulking.

I'm just about tired of caulking, as we get ready to repaint the exterior of our house.

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm just about tired of caulking, as we get ready to repaint the exterior of our house.

If you don't have so many empty cases of caulk laying around the yard it looks like a tornado hit Home Depot, you're not done yet. Take another spin around the house..... Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
If you don't have so many empty cases of caulk laying around the yard it looks like a tornado hit Home Depot, you're not done yet. Take another spin around the house..... Razz

No shit. Starting to suspect that if Sashco had a "Frequent Caulker" rewards program, I could be well on my way to a toaster or a set of steak knives by now. Big Grin

Posts: 32492 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post