SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why do I bother?
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Why do I bother? Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Feller dropped off a Crapsman mower late yesterday afternoon with starting and charging issues. Made it VERY clear that he needed it back no later than this afternoon.

So I got after it first thing this morning, beat that sumbitch into submission AND got a stinkin' leaf blower fixed for him too, (I hate working on leaf blowers, everything is a PITA to get to) then texted him to tell him they're ready and he can come get them.

"Oh. Okay. I'll pick them up Monday morning."

Shitbird. Now I gotta trip over them all weekend.

I think I'll charge him for storage...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have replied that this was done as a rush job, due to his insistence that it be done by today. Whether he picks them up today, or Monday the price will be the same plus 35% gratuity for pissing me off.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I would have replied that this was done as a rush job, due to his insistence that it be done by today. Whether he picks them up today, or Monday the price will be the same plus 35% gratuity for pissing me off.

Dang sure ought to be a surcharge for "rush service".

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What an ASS!!! Absolutely charge him a rush fee. Asshat needed it down right now then oh, ok I will get it Monday. Guess you really didn’t need it that bad did you? Jerk.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Report This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Maybe close up shop Monday.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
It’s not an itemized estimate - charge what you want!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that deserves a little extra "asshat fee." I wouldn't call it a storage fee unless you told him about that possibility up front. I would have no problem calling it an expedited service fee however, due to his demand it be done by Friday at the latest.

Some people's children...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Dang sure ought to be a surcharge for "rush service".

Absolutely!

Dealing with assholes like that guy is what makes me want to find a warm dry cave way back in the Idaho mountains.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
If you still have time, put them back into the shitty state they were in and when he shows up offer them back to him free of charge.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Here it is approaching 10:00am and he hasn't shown up. Dirtbag.

If I was a nasty, suspicious old man (and I am...) I'd suspect he didn't have the cash.

Posts: 15180 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I was a nasty, suspicious old man (and I am...) I'd suspect he didn't have the cash.

That would be my guess. Keep us posted.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
did you quote him $269.00?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Do you still have them? For I am suddenly in the need for those items he needed fixed, even though I do not own anything that would require them. Since he wasnt there friday for them, tell him you figured he was skipping on the work and sold them. It is past 24 hours... you put it back in stock.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
He finally showed up about noon. Paid in cash but parted with each $20 like it was one of his children.

Brought it back this afternoon, forgot to tell me he wanted the blades sharpened. Yeah, I'll drop everything and get right on that.

Eventually...

Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Because teaser thread titles are so popular with the forum owner?

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Report This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
Because teaser thread titles are so popular with the forum owner?

Sigh.

Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...860079934#4860079934

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...990050144#2990050144

Well, I guess you’re just really determined to be an asshole about it. Good luck.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Report This Post
posted Hide Post
He's rather old, he can only type 3 words before he has to take blood pressure meds and have a nap. Smile no offense ment php

Its a php thread in whats your deal. I've been here in one form or another since 2005. It's kinda a given.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...860079934#4860079934

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...990050144#2990050144

Well, I guess you’re just really determined to be an asshole about it. Good luck.

Think that title is yours. Better way to get your point across.

Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
quote:

This sounds pretty close to name calling don't you think?

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Report This Post