SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Find Phone on iOS 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Find Phone on iOS 13 Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I hate when functionality disappears. It should be kept or enhanced.

On versions before iOS 13, I was able to see both my phone and wife's phone on Find Phone app on my phone. I had a common icloud (or Apple ID? can't remember which) account set up on both phones I think. I used that common ID to sign into the Find Phone app and it would show both devices.

With iOS 13, there is no sign in screen. How can I get my wife's phone to always show up in the new Find Phone app on my phone?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Mine shows all my devices and I only have one Apple ID.

Go into settings. Touch your Apple ID at the top. Then scroll down and touch “Find My”. Then make sure Find My is turned on on all devices.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I couldn’t figure out how to add my daughter. We have different icloud accounts.

To find her phone now I have to open up safari, go to icloud.com then log in as her.

It’s stupid.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I couldn’t figure out how to add my daughter. We have different icloud accounts.

To find her phone now I have to open up safari, go to icloud.com then log in as her.

It’s stupid.

You don’t need to do all that. Go into the “Find My” app on her phone. Touch “People” at the bottom. Then touch “Start sharing location”. Then select your device/number from the contacts list. If you don’t see it listed just add it by using the plus symbol.

———————————————

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Now I need to go get her phone and physically do it. It was easier to just log in through the app. I never need to know where my phone is when I have it in my hand.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I found that navigating through APPS with the updated GUI is a little cumbersome...that update changed the APP appearance quite a bit. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Old dog/new tricks...y'all get the picture. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Hell will freeze over before I do any more of Apple’s confounded updates on my iphone 6+.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Hell will freeze over before I do any more of Apple’s confounded updates on my iphone 6+.

You’re missing out. iOS13 is much faster than 12.

———————————————

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:

I'm not putting ios 13 on anything until I'm sure they have fixed the security issues.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
quote:

I'm not putting ios 13 on anything until I'm sure they have fixed the security issues.

FYI, iOS 13.1.1 was released yesterday.

———————————————

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

In a month, they’ll release another new update to fix the bugs in this one. It will have a whole new crop of bugs.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

In a month, they’ll release another new update to fix the bugs in this one. It will have a whole new crop of bugs.

Negative. ios13.1.1 is a bug fix patch. It doesn’t add features. 13 improved the speed of my phone so much I’m gonna keep this one another year.

———————————————

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
13.1.2 is out, downloading it now.

Posts: 18016 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post