SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Toilet paper hoarding
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toilet paper hoarding Login/Join 
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Anyone who frequents COSTCO has probably seen those large double packages of eggs (x24?). A woman in front of me yesterday had her entire cart filled with eggs. The bottom shelf and the basket! She must have emptied the COSTCO freezer.

Just behind her was a woman who filled her basket with whole chickens.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
PSA: the Foster City Costco has plenty of t.p.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Anyone who frequents COSTCO has probably seen those large double packages of eggs (x24?). A woman in front of me yesterday had her entire cart filled with eggs. The bottom shelf and the basket! She must have emptied the COSTCO freezer.

A lot of small mom & pop restaurants and diners get their supplies from Costco.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:

Per google maps, that's just 2,877 miles / 41 hours for me. Each way.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
just insane. Fuck these people. (referring to pic above)

Yeah. Just think if it was a complete collapse. You would only survive if you had a large stock of canned stuff because there's not enough wildlife to even support those who could kill and grill. Even then, chances are pretty good a roving band of assholes would take it all from you.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just left Publix in Pompano Beach, FL a few hours ago. They had some cases of water, with a 2 case per person limit. The ENTIRE aisle of TP, Paper Towels, and Kleenex was 100% bare. Food they had plenty of everything, but out of carrots and cabbage. Store was just normal weekend busy.

Went to ALDI where I never shop because well I simply don't like ALDI but needed cabbage and carrots and it's on the way home from Publix. They had both, long lines and only 2 cashiers working. Also out of anything paper related (tp/towels etc.).

The cashier was wearing LATEX GLOVES, but helping everyone with the same gloves, so only protecting herself. Publix no gloves or hand sanitizer present for the cashiers or baggers.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
People who believe they need protection from the disease need to protect themselves, by, for example, not going to places they might be exposed to the disease.

There is no reasonable way that something like a grocery store could take measures that will absolutely protect each of their customers—other than just closing up shop. Making alcohol based sanitizers available for cashiers, stockers, and customers to use, even if the store had something that has virtually disappeared everywhere, would be more of a feel good public relations stunt whose main effect would be to give the users a false sense of security rather than a guarantee of protection.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Publix has announced that their grocery stores and pharmacies will be closing a couple hours earlier every day, 8:00 pm, to give the staff extra time to clean the stores and re-stock the shelves.

They are suggesting that customers consider options other than in-store shopping, such as ordering online for curb-side pickup, or using InstaCart home delivery.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Dude, you own a freaking airplane.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Been saving every roll of toilet paper from MREs for over 25 years, going back to my Reserves time.
I knew the day might come it would be needed. I forget which one of us here said it, but when you are prepared, you do not panic.

So you got that good chiklet gum?

I tossed that, but kept the coffee, matches, sugar, and TP. Gum kept trying to take my fillings out.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Which came first?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
kz1000,

Cool Big Grin Smile

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
quote:

Dude, you own a freaking airplane.
It's down for maintenance. Whole engine needs to be pulled out just to change the intake balance tube. Just a simple steenkin' tube that connects the intake manifolds on each side of the engine. Best guess is 60 hours, minimum, and we are nowhere near first in line on the maintenance shop's schedule.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
People are so stupid. Herd mentality stupid.
This is going to be such a nonevent that the media whipped up.
This is when the media needs to be held accountable and regulated.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Next town over (25 miles away) is big enough to have a Safeway, and a Walmart.... guess what no toilet paper, food is scarce on the shelves, and mil, is out until another shipment arrives.

In our little town while it is more expensive due to lower volume of sales we still have milk, TP and other essentials.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
If this virus doesn’t give everybody the shits, I’m gonna be pissed if all this tp ends up in my trees next Halloween.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8202 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
Next town over (25 miles away) is big enough to have a Safeway, and a Walmart.... guess what no toilet paper, food is scarce on the shelves, and mil, is out until another shipment arrives.

In our little town while it is more expensive due to lower volume of sales we still have milk, TP and other essentials.

I went yesterday at 6pm and the grocery store was barren. TP/PT isle was completely empty. No produce at all. I need bananas and some other produce but was SOL.

So I just went up there at 12:30am to see if the stockers were there restocking. I grab a carry crate head off to produce, nothing. So I walk back to the front of the store to put the crate back up and there are some dudes carrying nothing but TP. So I guess they restocked the TP isle. I still have some at the house so I’m not going to join the hordes so I left empty handed.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I bought a toilet bidet off amazon. Always wanted one, the great toilet paper panic of 2020 hastened my purchase. Now I’ll be spraying my ass with water and enjoying the freshness.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
we are nowhere near first in line on the maintenance shop's schedule.

Gee, I can't imagine why.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post